Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 321 of 753 1 2 319 320 321 322 323 752 753
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Don't be put off! If you haven't seen the film (the Clooney version) then I would recommend it, because then you'll wan to he the soundtrack. Beautiful stuff.
It is not a bad remake by any means, but the earlier film is incredible. I can't say I particularly noticed the soundtrack on the Clooney film - I'll have to check it out again.

T
T
Soft Cell "The Art Of Falling Apart" - I love this one. Then, once the album ends, on come "Martin" and "It's A Mug's Game" laugh

Administrator
Administrator
That "Martin" song for me is quite disturbing.
It's a brilliant piece of music, but the manic, slightly psychotic vocal of my own name un-nerves me.
I recall distinctly a show at Hammersmith Odeon that involved a ten-minute, crowd-joining-in version that was utterly amazing.

...Martin is talking to you

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Quote:
[b] Don't be put off! If you haven't seen the film (the Clooney version) then I would recommend it, because then you'll wan to he the soundtrack. Beautiful stuff.
It is not a bad remake by any means, but the earlier film is incredible. I can't say I particularly noticed the soundtrack on the Clooney film - I'll have to check it out again. [/b]
I have to say I prefer the remake of the film. Although I found the original fascinating, I felt it was too long. It is however a stunning piece of cinema for its time, and just as atmospheric as the remake. I found that it lacked the emotion present in the new version.

Plus, to add confusion, there must be a problem with my DVD version as the language keeps jumping from dubbed to original!!

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
[b] I recently got 2 Tangerine Dreams in the bargain bin: Encore Live and Rubycon. These are the kind of 'finds' that make me very happy. smile
I dont have those two TD slbums M. frown Lets us know what you think on first listenings.
[/b]
For Rubycon, I liked Part 1 better than Part 2 but still overall unbelievably good.
Encore Live is fantastic. I wasn't sure how it would be given that it was taken from their 1977 tour but the sound is great. There are 4 tracks on this cd, each being approximately 17 minutes or so. I wish there were more tracks or even a second cd.

Do you sense a shopping trip in the works? smile

Peter Gabriel Live and Unwrapped

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Peter Gabriel Live and Unwrapped
Not heard of that album... confused

Rob

Actually it's a live DVD, but I spent the afternoon capturing the audio from it smile

It was released in 2005 and was recorded on 2004's "Still Growing Up" tour. Features a new track called "White Ashes".

Administrator
Administrator
Little Annie & Paul Wallfisch - Bad Pianos

I'm developing a liking for all things Durtro

Playing this alongside Marc Almond & Michael Cashmore's exquisite release Gabriel & The Lunatic Lover

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
M
M
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b]
Quote:
[b] I recently got 2 Tangerine Dreams in the bargain bin: Encore Live and Rubycon. These are the kind of 'finds' that make me very happy. smile
I dont have those two TD slbums M. frown Lets us know what you think on first listenings.
[/b]
For Rubycon, I liked Part 1 better than Part 2 but still overall unbelievably good.
Encore Live is fantastic. I wasn't sure how it would be given that it was taken from their 1977 tour but the sound is great. There are 4 tracks on this cd, each being approximately 17 minutes or so. I wish there were more tracks or even a second cd.

Do you sense a shopping trip in the works? smile [/b]
Maryann.

If you like Tangerine Dream, You might like Radio Massacre International.

They have a website:
http://www.radiomassacreinternational.com

There are video's of their tracks posted by one of RMI's members on You Tube.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=83lmnNG9dhw

Rob, do you know about these guys?

Page 321 of 753 1 2 319 320 321 322 323 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.