Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 320 of 753 1 2 318 319 320 321 322 752 753
Jori Hulkkonen - Different

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
A New Kind of Man.

Across the plaza (La La La LA LA)...

(sheesh! eek )
You're not into "la's", are you?! laugh

In the meantime I've been sidetracked by Kraftwerk's Electric Café!

The Archive
The Archive
It's really gotta be instrumental music when I'm at work - the risk of singing along is far too great - so today it's mainly been Tangerine Dream...

Rob

I recently discovered Zeit, Rubycon and Phaedra.
Zeit is not music to work to!!!

Rob, have you ever heard the Solaris soundtrack by Cliff Martinez? It's a beautiful piece of work, and very TD, at their most ambient.

However my enjoyment of this soundtrack has been marred slightly by its regular use in The Apprentice!

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I recently discovered Zeit, Rubycon and Phaedra. Zeit is not music to work to!!!
Phaedra and Rubycon are beautiful albums - and you're right about Zeit, certainly not one of their finer moments... frown

Quote:
Rob, have you ever heard the [b]Solaris soundtrack by Cliff Martinez? It's a beautiful piece of work, and very TD, at their most ambient.[/b]
Ooooooo, that sounds quite interesting...

Quote:
However my enjoyment of this soundtrack has been marred slightly by its regular use in The Apprentice!
I know that I shouldn't jump to conclusions merely based on stuff that it's associated with (after all being used in conjunction with the last David Attenborough series didn't harm Sigur Ros), but that's kinda put me right off it... frown

Rob

Don't be put off! If you haven't seen the film (the Clooney version) then I would recommend it, because then you'll wan to he the soundtrack. Beautiful stuff.

...I actually started playing it earlier but switched halfway through to the Tangerine Dream compilation from Disky Records smile

I recently got 2 Tangerine Dreams in the bargain bin: Encore Live and Rubycon. These are the kind of 'finds' that make me very happy. smile

Friday and today has been The Buzzcocks - 'Singles Going Steady', Numan's - 'Engineers' (official version), and Yazoo - 'Only You' (best Of).

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I recently got 2 Tangerine Dreams in the bargain bin: Encore Live and Rubycon. These are the kind of 'finds' that make me very happy. smile
I dont have those two TD slbums M. frown Lets us know what you think on first listenings.

Finished the evening with Mike Oldfield - 'Music Of The Spheres'. Fourth time this week, and its getting better every play.

Page 320 of 753 1 2 318 319 320 321 322 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.