Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 309 of 753 1 2 307 308 309 310 311 752 753
Mike Oldfield - Music of the Spheres

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
[b] Peter Gabriel - Ovo
I always forget about that one. Too bad he never released the all-PG vocal version that he made. That would have ben nice to hear. [/b]
hhhmmm, perhaps, but I personally think it sits just nicely as released and with all the different collaborators and artists that took part on the recording - a much better reflection and take on what the album was trying to achieve with the millennium celebrations.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Mike Oldfield - Music of the Spheres
I've tried to get into this, but can't. It just doesn't 'do it' for me I'm afraid. Back to Amarok...

Rob

Amarok is one of his best. A work of sheer genius. Or madness smile

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Amarok is one of his best. A work of sheer genius. Or madness smile
Definitely genius...

The madness is only apparent when you realise that there aren't any PQ points and the track is an hour long! wink

Rob

Still waiting for 'A New Kind of Man' (tick-tock-tick-tock...) so it's Geir Jenssen – ‘Cho Oyu 8201m: Field Recordings from Tibet’ this afternoon.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Still waiting for 'A New Kind of Man' (tick-tock-tick-tock...) so it's Geir Jenssen – ‘Cho Oyu 8201m: Field Recordings from Tibet’ this afternoon.
A real 'foot-tapper'... laugh

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] Still waiting for 'A New Kind of Man' (tick-tock-tick-tock...) so it's Geir Jenssen – ‘Cho Oyu 8201m: Field Recordings from Tibet’ this afternoon.
A real 'foot-tapper'... laugh

Rob [/b]
Heh! Yeah! It's that cow-bell sound - gets me dancing every time wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
[b] Amarok is one of his best. A work of sheer genius. Or madness smile
Definitely genius...

The madness is only apparent when you realise that there aren't any PQ points and the track is an hour long! wink
[/b]
Or when you read the list of "instruments"!

Administrator
Administrator
Dirty Shinobi - Dub Terror x A-Miti

A lethal x-breed production by two of London's finest underground explorers. Crossing heavy Dubstep/Grime/Garage sound-scapes with exclusive visual production input between KARBORN and DUBTERROR. The video is a live VJ mashup mix, assembled and cut to the track by KARBORN. Audio production by DUBTERROR. The bass will make your 8-bit soul shake. Video game nostalgia distorted and bristling with grime. Smoothed through rolling basslines and contrasts leaving everything broken and spent. It's the artful dodger slamming through shinobi in broken pixels, praying to a degenerate saviour to lift you out of the bass-ments.

Quite brilliant mix exploring the deep roots of the relationship between reggae and electronica cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 309 of 753 1 2 307 308 309 310 311 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.