Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 294 of 753 1 2 292 293 294 295 296 752 753
T
T
Soft Cell "The Twelve Inch Singles" - I might be some time ... laugh

Kraftwerk - 'Radioactivity' (its crackling) smile

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Ultravox!: Ha!Ha!Ha!

the alternative version of Hiroshima Mon Amour is quite interesting
Full on guitars and violin, almost fits on the album more than the sax version. Both tracks classics in their own rights.

When I first heard the original Hiroshima Mon Amour I was wondering about the sax; then when I heard the alternate version I thought the same thing you just posted.

Finally listening to Bladerunner (the 3cd edition). What a pleasure to hear Vangelis' score.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Finally listening to Bladerunner (the 3cd edition). What a pleasure to hear Vangelis' score.
What a great album... wink

Rob

Is that all you are going to say about it, Rob? wink

Administrator
Administrator
I always seem to crash in with something random on this thread when everyone else is discussing one particular album... :rolleyes:

Like this afternoon, for instance. It's wet and cold - the perfect weather for clearing up indoors. Playing some dusty old cassette now. A punk compilation, on which I have just rediscovered the very very wonderful single that is

Smash It Up
by The Damned

Gonna scream an shout till my dyin' breff
Gonna smash it up til there's nuffin' left
Ooo-ooh smash it up
Smash it up, smash it ur-ur-up
laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
[b]Finally listening to Bladerunner (the 3cd edition). What a pleasure to hear Vangelis' score.
What a great album... wink

Rob [/b]
It certainly is! I got it last month, and have played it a lot!! The third disc in particular is a favourite of mine.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Is that all you are going to say about it, Rob? wink
Well, I bought the Blade Runner soundtrack when it first came out on CD (in 1994) and wasn't overly impressed as some of my favourite passages / sequences were missing - The Prologue and Animoid Row being among them. And so I was hoping that this three-disc edition would fill in the gaps and, for the most part, it has.

But, if I'm being completely honest, a friend gave me a copy of the Blade Runner soundtrack (entitled The Esper Edition) a few years back - and that's simply magnificent. It's that version which I'm playing at the moment, because someone (Hi there Newvox) pointed out that it's Vangelis' birthday today, and I didn't know that I shared my birthday with him... laugh

Rob

Happy Birthday then Rob! laugh

Page 294 of 753 1 2 292 293 294 295 296 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.