Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 288 of 753 1 2 286 287 288 289 290 752 753
'Telekon Live' and 'Replicas Redux'.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
The Cure: Disintegration
It sure was wink

Will you want next years 'Pleasure Principle 'Redux' M? wink

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Will you want next years 'Pleasure Principle 'Redux' M? wink
You already know the answer to that, K wink

M
M
David Sylvian: Secrets Of The Beehive

An incredible album. Everytime I hear it I think David must have been listening to Nick Drake for influence. Particularly on 'When Poets Dreamed Of Angels' & 'The Boy With The Gun'. 'Waterfront' is so beautiful, a perfect last track if ever there was one.

NIN: [With_Teeth]

I only own 3 NIN albums 'The Downward Spiral', 'The Fragile' & WT. WT is my favourite. It is an album that gets stronger & stronger, track after track.

H Offline
Bauhaus - Mask

N
N
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
David Sylvian: Secrets Of The Beehive

An incredible album. Everytime I hear it I think David must have been listening to Nick Drake for influence. Particularly on 'When Poets Dreamed Of Angels' & 'The Boy With The Gun'. 'Waterfront' is so beautiful, a perfect last track if ever there was one.

Agreed, it doesn't get any better.

Gary Numan: Pure

AFX: Richard D James Album

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Recently been digesting the manuals of my recently acquired synths.

After listening to Metamatic (Deluxe Edition) over the cold winter months I'm listening now to Replicas (Redux 3 CD Edition). These albums are definitely post Systems of Romance, although both have their roots on the overlooked '78 classic. Gary went one step further and released 2 other ground-breaking electronic albums The Pleasure Principle and Telekon. All this happened before synth-pop took over the charts towards the end of 1980.

Replicasis as experimental as Metamatic but using earlier synthesis. Metamatic took longer to complete and can be looked as Replicas + The Pleasure Principle without guitars or conventional drums. The Pleasure Principle incorporates the talents of 2 of the finest synth players of all time, Chris Payne and Billy Currie, for the final mixes of the album, adding extra synthetic textures. Nevertheless Replicas has this unique classic feel that makes it very different to the other electronic masterpieces. It's curious how Gary ends the album with 2 instrumentals, When the machines rock and the Low-esqe I nearly married a human. Bowie and indeed Eno and the German pioneering bands Kraftwerk and Neu! were the ingredients of this electronic new wave!

Metamatic using similar synthesis to The Pleasure Principle takes a different artistic look and takes the listener through a filmic, romantic guide of a 21st Century city as opposed to The Pleasure Principle which is 100% Sc-Fi, futuristic themes of another world. Both albums beautifully crafted around the Polymoog keyboard.

I'm looking forward to an expanded version of The Pleasure Principle as early versions and studio takes do exist and have been more widely available around fan circles than the Replicas' ones. Both The Pleasure Principle and Telekon deserve their deluxe treatment. (Steve Malins please convince Gary smile )

Once fed up of electronic music a deluxe edition of The Garden is nice muzak to wake up to in the joyous months of spring.

Happy Easter all!

Chris wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
I'm looking forward to an expanded version of [b]The Pleasure Principle as early versions and studio takes do exist and have been more widely available around fan circles than the Replicas' ones. Both The Pleasure Principle and Telekon deserve their deluxe treatment.[/b]
The 'Principle Demos' around the fan circles are not the real deal Chris, but the flip side of that is when the real ones are released in '09 (unforseen situations not included) they will be very fresh sounding to all fans alike.
BB do not have as many early demos from 'Replicas', 'Principle', and 'Telekon' as people sometimes think, but things are still looking good. wink

Page 288 of 753 1 2 286 287 288 289 290 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.