Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 285 of 753 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 752 753
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b] You must play 'Telekon Live' soon,.....
But is that an official release or bootleg?? I lose track! [/b]
Thats official, both dvd & cd.
Both recommended!

greetings,
fons

This must be it Telekon 2006 live CD but I'm damned if I can find it in the Numan Nushop thing ..

edit: no, confirm it ain't there. Found a few videos from the DVD on youtube tho, check out user

Quote:
This must be it Telekon 2006 live CD but I'm damned if I can find it in the Numan Nushop thing ..

edit: no, confirm it ain't there. Found a few videos from the DVD on youtube tho, check out user
It's got a release date of March 2008 - so perhaps the demand for 'Engineers' and the 3CD edition of 'Replicas' has meant it'll be a little while longer

Administrator
Administrator
I'm wondering if there's a case here for a dedicated Numan thread...?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I'm wondering if there's a case here for a dedicated Numan thread...?
Good idea!

I'd suggest another one also for Numan's live recordings - but the amount of memory needed to hold such information might crash every computer on the planet wink

Tee hee . .IE crashed on my PC as I was trying to get in the Numan shop thing .. LOL

anyway back OT: currently listening to Sympathetic Sounds of Toe-Rag Studios London
..a funny little thang i picked up recently; anyone know anymore?

Quote:
Tee hee . .IE crashed on my PC as I was trying to get in the Numan shop thing .. LOL

anyway back OT: currently listening to Sympathetic Sounds of Toe-Rag Studios London
..a funny little thang i picked up recently; anyone know anymore?
Hi D,

Don't know anything about the album but Toe-Rag studios is an East London studio that only uses valve equipment and records to analogue tape - all the studio equipment is from the 50s and 60s - no digital/electronic technology is used or allowed to be used in the studio. The guy who owns it dresses exactly like studio staff in the 60s - coveralls etc.

The White Stripes regard it as they're favourite studio and I once saw Scott Walker cycling away in to the night whilst I was getting some chips - dunno if he recorded there though.

Gary Numan: I, Assassin

great album really, except for one particular track

Yes thats the 'Telekon Live' cd, from the 'Telekon Shows' to be exact.
Not to be confused with the original 'Teletour '80' from the 'Telekon tour '80', on the 'Living Ornaments '80 cd. Simple'ish.

I did like the 'Principle' style lighting, on this new first 'Replicas' tour too. confused wink

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
... and I once saw Scott Walker cycling away in to the night whilst I was getting some chips - dunno if he recorded there though.
Fantastic!

My current crop of listening is:

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis "Music from the Motion Picture The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

Morrissey "Your Arsenal"

Hayden "In Field & Town"

Marc Almond "Absinthe"

Japan "Quiet Life" - this one I'm struggling with. Always loved the title track but if I never hear another version of "All Tomorrow's Parties" it will be too soon.

Bed "The Newton Plum"

Ultrafox "Ice Skating"

Godley & Creme "Images"

Page 285 of 753 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.