Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 283 of 753 1 2 281 282 283 284 285 752 753
Heaven 17 : Penthouse & Pavement.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
Gary Numan: Replicant

I'm three quaters of the way through listening to disc 1 of the audio tour programme, and it is wonderful. The best one yet that Gary & Steve Malins have done. There is a lengthy discussion about how & when Gary discovered Ultravox!, which is one of the highlights of disc 1.

Another reason that it is the best one is the industrial ambient drones that are going on in the background as Gary & Steve are talking. Very ghost-like, very Tod Dockstader-ish.

Interesting that Steve Malins didn't know that there was guitar on Are 'Friends' Electric.

It really is a must buy!

P.S. Garry, I'm going to have to smuggle this onto our desert island. laugh
As I'm not going on any of the tour dates, I hope this Replicant CD will be made available through the website someday. I'm suprised there's been no Teletour CD either - as he has a knack for releasing live recordings wink .

This 'Replicant' CD sounds like it's along the same lines as the 'Hidden Man'/'Sideways' interview discs - am I along the right lines?

We have a desert island!? Send me the co-ordinates and I'll get there now! laugh The real world is doing my head in at the moment!!!

Due to insomnia, I listened to Dockstaders 'Aerial' trilogy in its entirety last night - absolute bliss!

Currently listening to LCD Soundsystem 'Sound of Silver' with 'Someone Great' on repeat. I can see this becoming one of my all time favourite albums for years to come.

Gazza

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[b] Gary Numan: Replicant

I'm three quaters of the way through listening to disc 1 of the audio tour programme, and it is wonderful. The best one yet that Gary & Steve Malins have done. There is a lengthy discussion about how & when Gary discovered Ultravox!, which is one of the highlights of disc 1.

Another reason that it is the best one is the industrial ambient drones that are going on in the background as Gary & Steve are talking. Very ghost-like, very Tod Dockstader-ish.

Interesting that Steve Malins didn't know that there was guitar on Are 'Friends' Electric.

It really is a must buy!

P.S. Garry, I'm going to have to smuggle this onto our desert island. laugh
As I'm not going on any of the tour dates, I hope this Replicant CD will be made available through the website someday. I'm suprised there's been no Teletour CD either - as he has a knack for releasing live recordings wink .

This 'Replicant' CD sounds like it's along the same lines as the 'Hidden Man'/'Sideways' interview discs - am I along the right lines?

We have a desert island!? Send me the co-ordinates and I'll get there now! laugh The real world is doing my head in at the moment!!!

Due to insomnia, I listened to Dockstaders 'Aerial' trilogy in its entirety last night - absolute bliss!

Currently listening to LCD Soundsystem 'Sound of Silver' with 'Someone Great' on repeat. I can see this becoming one of my all time favourite albums for years to come.

Gazza [/b]
I'm sure there were flyers about the cd & dvd Telekon 'live' discs. May be wrong though.

We have a desert island somewhere. The exact co-ordinates are unknown at this present time, but I have been told by Inspector Lee that a scrambled message will be decoded once the gutter cosmic nova dust has cleared.

Looks like we'll be waiting for some time yet. We're still receiving junk in my sector.

He did an interview CD with Steve Malins (like Hidden Man) for the Telekon tour - it's called "EKO" and still available from Gary's website - so I'm sure the Replicant CD will be available online after the tour along with anything else.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
He did an interview CD with Steve Malins (like Hidden Man) for the Telekon tour - it's called "EKO" and still available from Gary's website - so I'm sure the Replicant CD will be available online after the tour along with anything else.
Many thanks Alex!

Underworld 'Oblivion with Bells'

M
M
'The Drive ep'
Bill Nelson: Chimera

Gary Numan 'White Noise'

M
M
Intensity!: Man Must Explore

Administrator
Administrator
Edgar Froese: Epsilon in Malaysian Pale

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 283 of 753 1 2 281 282 283 284 285 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.