Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 281 of 753 1 2 279 280 281 282 283 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Hey Mr D, have you got rid of those dustmen from outide your window yet? I cant stand that bland sound either!
No, now there's a world outside my window, and it's a world of dread and fear, where the only water flowing..etc etc... (Name That Tune!)

Would it have someting to do with Mr. Geldof. wink

correct! . .and Mr Ure..

M
M
Lou Reed: Transformer
Simple Minds: Empires & Dance
Gary Numan: Engineers
John & Louis: From Trash
William Orbit: Water From A Vine Leaf cd ep
Harold Budd/Brian Eno:The Plateaux Of Mirror

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b]... After the Grinderman album (which, I confess, I have not been able or willing to get into as yet ...
You surprise me.
Nick Cave's run of form over the last few years includes this album.
Easily as good as his more familiar style. [/b]
I surprise myself as well! But no, tried Grinderman again this morning, and only "Man In The Moon" really takes me anywhere. The rest is fairly enjoyable but not a patch on NC&TBS, maybe it is Mick Harvey's influence?

Anyway, am pleased to report that DLD!!! is a continuation of the Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus style. Maybe the normal version does not have the lyrics at all, in which case we bought the right version!

Administrator
Administrator
I would agree re: lyrics (which are always a treat in Cave's work) but I paid five big pounds extra for the booklet.
It's not worth that much, however 'unique' it may be to the limited edition. I'd rather have another song or three

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b]Live in London? Do you mean the Shepherds Bush album?
Yes thats it, and Maryann's just finished playing cd2 on the way to work. 'Cars' was a big let down for her because it included, and i quote - 'cow bell sounds'. [/b]
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Of course, if it was the Roland 808 cowbell sound, that'd be different! smile [/b]
Just finished listening to Gary Numan Live in Brixton 2000 and guess what? I heard that 'cow bell sound' again during Cars. mad eek

For Numans birthday, im playing the standard 'Replicas'. Which i suppose should be called the classic version now, since the redux has been released. smile

John Foxx - 'Cathedral Oceans 3'.

Ultravox: Monument (what was up with that first track confused )

Page 281 of 753 1 2 279 280 281 282 283 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.