Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Please see the following...

Rob

Interesting to note the name of the beer sponsor in light of the discussion in the "Golden Section" thread about the inspiration for a particular track being a nature documentary about jungle cats. Gentlemen, I'll stand firm in my theory that alcohol was involved in the writing of "Running on Thin Ice with Tigers"!! HA! laugh laugh

C
C
Really wish I was there to be able to go to this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
Interesting to note the name of the beer sponsor in light of the discussion in the "Golden Section" thread about the inspiration for a particular track being a nature documentary about jungle cats. Gentlemen, I'll stand firm in my theory that alcohol was involved in the writing of "Running on Thin Ice with Tigers"!! HA! laugh laugh
I still prefer my remembered Dream theory smile

hmm, if it had been Cobra Beer we might have ended up with 'Running Through Jungles Chased By Snakes' smile

Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:

hmm, if it had been Cobra Beer we might have ended up with 'Running Through Jungles Chased By Snakes' smile
Maybe Dubterror could make it happen for us on by mixing "Running on Thin Ice with Tigers" and "This Jungle"! laugh Now I'm really sorry that I don't live in the UK and that I won't be able to make it to the September 15th event. frown

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
mixing "Running on Thin Ice with Tigers" and "This Jungle"
It's interesting to imagine what you could produce if some of Johns most stylistically different tracks from his various periods were taken apart and put back together again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Please see the following...
Impressive!

Administrator
Administrator
Did anyone make it along to this event?

Also note that the Hand-painted Dublacquer editions each feature two exclusive remixes of each song.
This suggests to me that these are DIFFERENT versions to the standard 12" release eek eek

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I wanted to start a new topic here but found I couldn't.

For anyone interested in KARBORN, there are 3 free MPfree mixtapes available for download here .

Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
I wanted to start a new topic here but found I couldn't.

For anyone interested in KARBORN, there are 3 free MPfree mixtapes available for download here .
Cheers for this Atom Man,

I've listened to A Penny For My Kingdom and I'm halfway through Morning Your Majesty which I'm enjoying more as it's much darker, dirtier and dubbier.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.