Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 199 of 753 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 752 753
Japan : The Very Best Of.
I really like some of the single versions included on this. This cd was worth the price.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
This cd was worth the price.
Yes good price and track selection. Some of the singles are edit versions, some are remixes etc. It also features some of the best album tracks, so all in all a great compilation.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
It's great to hear John playing live with a band!
confused Do you mean Ultravox confused

So far today ELO - the very best of
(2007 compilation, which includes tracks from the recent 'Zoom' album too). smile

This morning ....John Foxx: The Garden

Quote:
Quote:
[b] It's great to hear John playing live with a band!
confused Do you mean Ultravox confused [/b]
I can see what you mean M, but from what i remember Alex only discovered John in the late '90s. So its new in that sense.

Alex, this is the very reason some of us have been wanting John and Louis to shorten their songs on live sets and add some guitar in future studio work. In honesty they do have synths with a guitar feel to it on recent albums 'From Trash' and 'Sideways'. Would still be great to hear some real guitar and drums again.

Currently listening to the sound of other people's fireworks. It's been going on for 3 days now. What happened to bonfire NIGHT?!

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] It's great to hear John playing live with a band!
confused Do you mean Ultravox confused [/b]
I can see what you mean M, but from what i remember Alex only discovered John in the late '90s. So its new in that sense.

Alex, this is the very reason some of us have been wanting John and Louis to shorten their songs on live sets and add some guitar in future studio work. In honesty they do have synths with a guitar feel to it on recent albums 'From Trash' and 'Sideways'. Would still be great to hear some real guitar and drums again. [/b]
I noticed, especially on "Sideways" there is a kind of synthesised guitar sound. That's one of the many things about that album which connect it with SOR.

John has clearly re-established himself as an electronic act though since his re-emergence, and I'm not sure now would be the right time to introduce a full band. No longer his style I guess.

Then again, look at an album like Numan's Pleasure Principle - real bass guitar and real drums, yet one of the greatest 'electronic' albums ever made.

hearing that old Ultravox live recording made me appreciate his version of the band more, and also showed me a side of John the live performer that we haven't seen since - or maybe since 1983.

I think perhaps when John performs a song such as Walk Away or Slow Motion live, good though it is, you can't help but compare it to the original, and you hear more clearly what's missing. Now, would we rather hear old songs revamped in the new style or not played at all due to lack of band?

Depeche Mode: Songs of Faith and Devotion smile smile

[QUOTE]Originally posted by newvox:
[QB] Oh yes, nice one Brian.
Re-mastered is spelt "Re-mastered" i see. smile

What I've mainly done to my copy is remove the hiss using a trial version of a pro audio editing package.I use the term Re-master very loosely so as not to start off the re-master police laugh
With the hiss almost gone you can hear an awful lot more.If you'd like to email me...

Page 199 of 753 1 2 197 198 199 200 201 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.