Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 193 of 753 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 752 753
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Hmm. My general hatred of punk gets in the way a bit there!
As it happens I was playing 'Into The Valley: The Best Of The Skids' earlier. Punch-the-air anthemic rousers with an edge. Some good synth work too, including some from Midge Ure, which may ameliorate it for some who find it otherwise too punky.

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
I only think of Johns three Ultravox albums as some of the most classic and important albums ever recorded. With SOR being on a par with 'The Garden' and 'Metamatic'.
Systems Of Romance is for me one of the most important albums ever. It accomplished EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Systems Of Romance is for me one of the most important albums ever. It accomplished EVERYTHING.
I know what you mean M. If it was not for SOR the musical connections would have been so much different today. Some may have never happened at all.

Funny you should say that - I almost said the same thing word for word, in the review of SOR that I wrote and uploaded to Quiet City at the weekend!

Yeah I think its main musical importance is that bridge between 'synth', 'rock', 'emotions', and 'machines'.

Don't overlook Billy's classical influences either.

True. It really does bridge many genres then! Rock, punk, pop, classical and electronic.

Gary Numan today... tracks from Replicas, Telekon, Sacrifice and The Pleasure Principle so far this morning...

Siouxsie & The Banshees - 'Juju' and in the evenings Harold Budd 'The White Arcades' - just beautiful.

Now playing Ultravox live at Boston Paradise Theatre 1979...

Page 193 of 753 1 2 191 192 193 194 195 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.