Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 187 of 753 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 752 753
Sorry guys, for me The Cure's only song is 'A Forest'.

I only bought Staring At the Sea for "A Forest" so I was pleasantly surprised to discover I liked some of the other songs too. My interest in them doesn't extend much further than that though!

I was there: Wembley Stadium June '87 for the Glass Spider Tour…

…sounds impressive eh? Er….No.

I really wish I could say it in the same way that millions seem to say “I WAS THERE! SEX PISTOLS! 100 CLUB 1976!” I was only 17, I hadn’t been to that many gigs (Numan ’84…er…Numan ’85…Dead or Alive....Don’t Ask…) But I know rubbish when I see it, and this was, as we say in NORF Lahndun; pants.

It all started with Big Country – Foxx may of liked them but to me they were the antithesis of all I loved; WHY GOD WHY! Why on earth would someone make guitars sound like bagpipes!? To this very day I will NEVER get this! Anyway – they were rubbish and every song sounded the same – so much so that every time one of their songs sounded like getting near to the chorus THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE at Wembley Stadium would start singing “Look Away! Look Away!” no matter what the song was! Still , when they actually played ‘look away’, a collective humour was reached. And we needed it – trust me.

Bowie. Jesus wept. Starts of with some yak about a glass spider FFS! Comes down on a Stena Stair-lift or something with a telephone. IT WAS THE 80s – this sort of thing happened. So it goes. There were DANCERS…and PERFORMANCES…. IT WAS THE 80s – this sort of thing happened. So it goes. There was a t**t who called himself Spaz Attack (I s**t you not) – he looked liked Billy Idol-Lite on a day trip to a glo-paint factory. There was a PERFORMANCE of ‘Sons of The Silent Age’ with Ski’s – it was c**p. As was the rest of it. IT WAS THE 80s – this sort of thing happened. So it goes. The biggest cheer went to a performance of ‘The Supermen’ – should of sent Bowie a signal. I think we collectively groaned and soda-slurped our way through ‘Day In Day Out’ and other stuff of its ilk. I honestly can’t remember the rest except to say that the brunette girl dancer was EXCEPTIONALY cute. Oh yeah - and Peter Frampton played; but I was 17 and didn’t haven’t a clue who he was, and now that I do, I would happily introduce time-travel and pro-gun laws for such an occasion that I see him again (who needs Frampton if you’ve got Alomar? Tsk!)

Getting home was so bad we were stranded in the industrial zone of Alperton and no pub would serve us for being under-age – this didn’t help at all.

As you can tell - It’s been 20 years and I still haven’t forgotten! IT WAS THE 80s – this sort of thing happened. So it goes.

I didn’t see Bowie again until S&V at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1990something – now THAT was a gig! So he’s forgiven…

…Just don’t get me started on Tin Machine or I really will have to call in the heavy mob
wink

You just need to look at Bowie's hairdo in 1987 - it confirms the date!! He's probably been forgiven by most, though having excelled himself in subsequent tours.

I would love to see a film of the Sound & Vision tour of 1990. It sounded like a very visual show.

The wost gigs for me were Joseph Arthur - simply rude and arrogant, passing off 15 minutes of distortion for an encore... and Hugh Cornwell. Watching a corpse would have been more exciting.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
that the brunette girl dancer was EXCEPTIONALY cute.
That was probably Melissa Hurley who Bowie had a brief fling with.
And rightly so!

Quote:
Just don’t get me started on Tin Machine
Hmm, yeah! Though actually the second Tin Machine album (if you dared even try it after the horror of the first) actually has some pretty good songs hidden away on it.

Quote:
I was there: Wembley Stadium June '87 for the Glass Spider Tour…

…sounds impressive eh? Er….No.

Bowie. Jesus wept. Starts of with some yak about a glass spider FFS! Comes down on a Stena Stair-lift or something with a telephone.
laugh

That was the highlight wink
Throughout the show we all kept saying to each other 'are those mimes? what's up with the mimes?.......everyone hates mimes!' :rolleyes:

Quote:
I honestly can’t remember the rest except to say that the brunette girl dancer was EXCEPTIONALY cute.
So all in all, a great show. smile

Whoops eek

Now playing Within Temptation - 'The Heart Of Everything'. An improvment on their early albums, but even then only the first six or seven tracks.

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Sorry guys, for me The Cure's only song is 'A Forest'.
Yes, that one is great. I also really like Primary, Other Voices, Charlotte Sometimes, In Between Days and Close To Me.

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I honestly can’t remember the rest except to say that the brunette girl dancer was EXCEPTIONALY cute.
So all in all, a great show. smile

Whoops eek

[/b]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
[b]
Quote:
[b] The two synths are more beautiful.
Just passing by this thread, carry on..... wink smile [/b]
Then you noticed i was being good. wink [/b]
:rolleyes: smile

Okay, so ive been a bit naughty lately. frown wink

Page 187 of 753 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.