Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 184 of 753 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 752 753
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Still listening to Bowie: 'Station to Station' and 'live in Nassau '76'
Probably Bowie's finest hour and funnily enough he was at his lowest ebb then(drug addiction). He even can't remember recording Station to Station.

I have the Thin White Duke bootleg ie Nassau 1976, the one where the live takes of Word On A Wing and Stay from the Sound & Vision version of STS come from. The only problem with my copy is the gaps in between songs. Yes them. Rather irritating.

These 2 tracks are the best from a memorable concert. If David needs to release another live album from the archives then it's got to be this one.

Chris wink

I have Station To Station on vinyl but never got the cd. I haven't heard it since way back when so I guess that is another one for the list.

Nirvana - 'In Utero'. Studio demos and again a few 'home' ones.

Its been interesting playing for three days in chrono order, you can hear the progression from 'garage grunge', 'pop grunge' and 'serious grunge'.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
by the way, mr. normall, are you going to see organ next month? finally after 25 years possibly the best finnish synth band ever plays one reunion gig!
This is interesting indeed. If I lived in Helsinki I would definitely go there, but from here going to Helsinki and stay there overnight takes almost the same trouble & money than going to see a gig in London. This went slightly off-topic..

Simple Minds -Sons & Fascination (CD)
- there were some real belters on there .. Love Song, The American .. play loud!

Good choice!

Sons/Sisters is the best thing they ever did in my opinion. Complete creative peak.

Sweat In Bullet, Seeing Out the Angel, This Earth That You Walk Upon and the stunning Theme for Great Cities..... that album is so damn good!!

Right on! .. I am still desperately seeking a BBC session version of Sons and Fascination which I had on tape but since got mangled .. anyone help? They also did a fantastic (early)version of Promised You a Miracle on the same session so obviously slightly pre-New Gold Dream.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Probably Bowie's finest hour and funnily enough he was at his lowest ebb then(drug addiction). He even can't remember recording Station to Station... If David needs to release another live album from the archives then it's got to be this one.

Chris wink
Heh! So true! He once said in a magazine "I know I recorded it in LA because that's what the album says on it" Ha! Ha! Ha! Genius!

I love that '76-'80 period: it was his most productive and imaginative for me - more so though than the glam stuff IMHO. My girlfriend loves the Ziggy-era and hates anything from Young Americans onwards - isn't it great that one man could create such distictive phases, I can't think of a current artist doing that right now.

You're absolutely right Chris - if there's just one live show to release it's this one.

Now listening to Station to Station and then I think it's got to be Systems of Romance.

Note to self: Must move the time-machine past '76-'79 this week...

Oh I don't know though, I'm not doing any harm and I'm having so much fun! wink

Quote:
Note to self: Must move the time-machine past '76-'79 this week...
forwards or backwards? wink

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
[b] Note to self: Must move the time-machine past '76-'79 this week...
forwards or backwards? wink [/b]
Forward to Underworld's Oblivion...which is just backwards to Neu'75! wink

Page 184 of 753 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.