Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 168 of 753 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 752 753
Probably! I actually miss listening to real CDs. That might be changing soon though!!

And I am getting closer to purchasing an IPod. I was actually in an Apple store yesterday. smile smile

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Am I the only person here who listens to actual cds confused
Says the lady that was in the Apple store yesterday. I have a feeling your be joining us soon M.

Our posts crossed K smile but you read my mind correctly.

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b]
Now playing Mike Oldfield - 'Elements'.
(dont really like it when he brings in vocalists)
Oh don't start me off on that! wink
In short, I agree!! [/b]
Exactly smile , over the years hes brought in singers for a 'three minute chart song', its not so bad if their used as a vocal instrument in longer tracks. Maybe wrongly, but i always feel hes trying to compensate for 'just' being an instrumentalist, when hes actually one of the best of hes kind. :rolleyes: [/b]
Even on Light & Shade (which unlike many fans, I really like) he included a vocal song or two, although the vocals were entirely digital on that album.

The one part which for me really lets Tubular Bells III down, is the song "Man in the Rain".

His new classical album has been pushed back to January. But it sounds like it will be back to proper, lengthy instrumental pieces. There are vocals, but not in such a lyrical way I don't think. Plus it's classical, so won't be a(nother) reworking of "Moonlight Shadow"!

Speaking of running out of 'classic ipod' space, the new 'ipod touch' only comes in 8 and 16 gigs, even though it looks as sci-fi as an 'iphone'. Fingers crossed for a 'ipod touch' with 'classic' 160gigs one day. wink

I only have a 1GB shuffle. It's just the right size for the amount of time I use it.

Though I do forsee a day when I'm tempted to upscale!

...I hope it is just the battery power that has expired and nothing more serious!

I've never run it out before so I didn't know what to expect!

I am going to get an IPod Classic. The big decision though is: what color confused :rolleyes: wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

His new classical album has been pushed back to January. But it sounds like it will be back to proper, lengthy instrumental pieces. There are vocals, but not in such a lyrical way I don't think. Plus it's classical, so won't be a(nother) reworking of "Moonlight Shadow"!
Great thanks for that,and yes 'Moonlight Shadows' is the one i always (dont want to) remember too. :rolleyes:

Page 168 of 753 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.