Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 145 of 753 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 752 753
N
N
Yes understood!

The surround sound releases that Depeche Mode have done to the back catalogue have all been very good. Maybe not purist hi-fi but the surround effects are superb. Another DVD that I can recommend if you're into this sort of thing is the Jean Michel Jarre "Aero" release.

Today just some Japan live bootys from '81.

Cabaret Voltaire - the 12" singles

The Archive
The Archive
More Tangeine Dream (just for a change) - today it's The Dream Roots Collection.

Rob

There's so much TD stuff I'm yet to discover.....

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
There's so much TD stuff I'm yet to discover.....
Absolutely.

I'm not quite as rabid a fan as used to be, but at the last count I had in excess of a hundred CDs - although that also included (solo) albums by Edgar Froese, Johannes Schmoelling, Chris Franke, Peter Baumann and Paul Haslinger. Add to that a large chunk of the material that was produced as part of the Tangerine Tree project...

Rob

You recommended an album (White Eagle?) to me last year, which I still haven't gotten round to investigating...

And a friend recommended some of Edgar Froese's solo work, which sounds interesting......

I need a week off just to check out recommendations!!

It's about time I got some new, inspiring instrumental music...

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
You recommended an album (White Eagle?) to me last year, which I still haven't gotten round to investigating...
Don't forget Logos and Exit...

Quote:
And a friend recommended some of Edgar Froese's solo work, which sounds interesting......
The double album Beyond the Storm is quite a good introduction to Edgar's style...

Rob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
today : mostly french stuff like daft punk , mr. oizo , sebastian , kavinsky ... & the new live album by vitalic - who also happens to be a french guy ;-) - simply called "v live" ! :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
[b]You recommended an album (White Eagle?) to me last year, which I still haven't gotten round to investigating...
Don't forget Logos and Exit...

Quote:
The double album Beyond the Storm is quite a good introduction to Edgar's style...

Rob [/b]
I've got Exit - it's my favourite!

I'll have to track down Beyond the Storm... is it similar to the TD stuff?

Page 145 of 753 1 2 143 144 145 146 147 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.