I'd like to recommend this limited edition CD to the good folk here on Metamatic as I think some will really appreciate the album, which is musically somewhere under the radar and also somewhere over the rainbow! cool

It’s a fabulous 15-track album of darkly atmospheric, yet beautiful music – evoking melancholy with moments of light that together make a peaceful whole. For me, this album is a stunning piece of work and with the lush packaging it really is a joy to behold. One of my favourite albums that I’ve discovered in recent years – put on headphones, turn off lights, relax and drift into wonder!

‘Lullabies For The Lost’ by Peter James & Jenny Jo Oakley.
Bandcamp link for CD and download

https://peterjames9.bandcamp.com/album/lullabies-for-the-lost

Jenny Jo Oakley: vocals, piano, guitar, accordion, clarinet, flute & percussion.
Peter James: soundscapes, vocal arrangements, bells, field recordings, spoken word, production, mixing & mastering.

Strictly limited to 50 copies only, the CD comes in a foil printed A5 box, complete with 16-page A5 printed booklet containing paintings (by Jenny Jo) & photographs (by Peter). It also comes with a set of 3 high quality A5 prints, with each package being unique as no set of prints are the same.

• Peter James is an ambient musician, sound designer, engineer, producer and photographer, currently living in Scotland.
For 7 years he was a full-time member of global music collective 48 Cameras (founded by Jean Marie Mathoul) with a changing line-up that included guests such as Martyn Bates (Eyeless in Gaza), Michael Begg (award-winning sound artist) and Robin Rimbaud (Scanner), among others.
He’s released albums under his own name and collaborated with ambient maestro Steve Brand, Nick Grey & the Random Orchestra, and Dean Richards (under the name Still Earth). He’s mastered albums for artists such as Leanna Primiani (award-winning classical composer), Chronotope Project, Broken Harbour, plus others including compilations for earthMantra label.
Also of interest is that Peter’s brother is Mark Beazley (founder of the band Rothko) and they’ve worked briefly together in the past.

• Jenny Jo Oakley is a painter and musician based in Portland, Oregon, USA.
She records a type of neo-folk music and has released two solo albums under her project name Empty Vessel Music.

I hope some of you enjoy the album but you don’t need to take my word for how good it really is – just take listen at the Bandcamp link and if you’d like to own the physical package, grab a copy before they disappear forever! wink