NOW Music is proud to announce the second release in the NOW Presents... series, following The 1970s with NOW Presents... Electronic.

The Five Disc Vinyl Box Set highlights some of the most innovative and enduringly popular tracks of the genre - including Underpass by John Foxx - as well as some era-defining 12”, extended, and full-length versions alongside the single versions.

NOW Presents... Electronic is presented in a rigid slip case, with complementary design extending across the five individual Discs, with the reverse of the covers featuring track-by-track annotations that include chart positions, and facts about both song and artist(s).

Disc One kicks off with an Eighties signature synth pop hit from Queen with Radio Ga Ga, followed by extended 12” versions of EurythmicsSexcrime (Nineteen Eighty-Four) and Torch by Soft Cell, and Together In Electric Dreams, the collaboration between Philip Oakey, and one of the key architects of electronic pop music, Giorgio Moroder. Diversion 10 of Art Of Noise's Beat Box is found on the Side Two, along with huge chart hits from Paul Hardcastle, Phil Lynott, the 12” version of a-ha’s Take On Me, and You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) the electro/Hi-NRG No. 1 from Dead Or Alive.

Laurie Anderson's epic O Superman opens Disc Two and continues with Kate Bush’s (still) stunningly original The Dreaming. Produced and co-written with David Bowie, Iggy Pop’s Nightclubbing features next, and finishing this first side, two influential album tracks from Japan (Taking Islands In Africa) and Duran Duran (The Chauffeur) both using electronic music to beautiful cinematic effect. The second side of Disc Two brings together (amongst others) debut chart hits from Tears For Fears, Howard Jones, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark and The Buggles with Video Killed The Radio Star.

Disc Three starts with the iconic Blue Monday from New Order, before moving onto another Bernard Sumner hit project Electronic, with their 1993 hit Disappointed, where Neil Tennant features on vocals. Pet Shop Boys link the next three tracks on this side: Liza Minnelli's Losing My Mind (produced by them), Eighth Wonder's I’m Not Scared and Dusty Springfield's Nothing Has Been Proved (both composed and produced by the Pet Shop Boys). The second side includes Gary Numan's first solo single Cars, and features synth-pop classics from John Foxx and The Cure, before closing with another band that featured Bernard Sumner - Joy Division with their defining Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Sparks open Disc Four with the full-length version of the seminal The Number One Song In Heaven, produced by Giorgio Moroder, who also co-produced the next track, Working The Midnight Shift by Donna Summer. Late Seventies European disco from Amanda Lear and Telex follows. The second side of Disc Four highlights the huge electro dance tracks of the Eighties from Chaka Khan, Malcolm McLaren, Freeez and Company B.

The final Disc showcases 1981 with a side of timeless synth-pop from that year, including hits from Ultravox, Visage, The Human League, and Spandau Ballet. Yello commence our final side with one of the greatest 12”s ever with 1988's The Race, followed by the outstanding Dr Mabuse from Propaganda and Peter Schilling's 1983 Major Tom (Coming Home)... closing with Falco's global No. 1 Rock Me Amadeus.

Copies are available to pre-order from Amazon

NOW Presents... Electronic is strictly limited to 1200 numbered copies. The full track listing is as follows...

Disc One
A1. Radio Ga Ga [Queen]
A2. Sexcrime (Nineteen Eighty-Four) (Extended Mix) [Eurythmics]
A3. Torch (Extended Version) [Soft Cell]
A4. Relax [Frankie Goes To Hollywood]
A5. Together In Electric Dreams [Philip Oakley And Giorgio Moroder]
B1. Take On Me (Extended Mix) [a-ha]
B2. You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) [Dead Or Alive]
B3. 19 [Paul Hardcastle]
B4. Beat Box (Diversion 10) [The Art Of Noise]
B5. Yellow Pearl [Phil Lynott]
B6. Einstein A Go-Go [Landscape]