Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 137 of 753 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Kate Bush: The Sensual World
Your favorite kate Bush album, if i remember maryann. It took me a while to like this one due to a lot of celtic tones, but theres some great songs within it.

Administrator
Administrator
I listen to almost all my music up here through the computer these days.
Mrs Birdsong objects so vehemently to most of my selections that I am more or less banned from public broadcast anywhere else in the house. laugh
Every Once In A While I have a tidy up and return CDs to their shelves downstairs and reset my iTunes. This gives me a looksie over what I have been playing over the past few weeks.

Here's the latest Birdsong Playlist

Ichabod Crane - Kid Cocotte
Device - Obstacles and Playgrounds
Kai Motte - England's Going to the Dogs
Siouxsie - JuJu
Bestival A to Z
Hotknives - Ska compilation
John Foxx - Metamatic
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 2
Kate Bush - Aerial
Iggy Pop - Nude and Rude
Mary Coughlan - Love Me or Leave Me
Current 93 - Black Ships Ate the Sky
Robin Guthrie - Everlasting
Scott Walker - Climate of Hunter

I have space on my desk!!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b] Kate Bush: The Sensual World
Your favorite kate Bush album, if i remember maryann. It took me a while to like this one due to a lot of celtic tones, but theres some great songs within it. [/b]
Yes, it is my favorite. When I first heard it, I was like "what are Uilean pipes" and the other instruments listed that I had never heard of before. Her voice is astounding. You have to admit it, no one says/sings the word "yes" likes she does in the title track.

Martin: Aerial seems to be the one I am missing of Kate's

Quote:
Yes, it is my favorite. When I first heard it, I was like "what are Uilean pipes" and the other instruments listed that I had never heard of before. Her voice is astounding. You have to admit it, no one says/sings the word "yes" likes she does in the title track.

Martin: Aerial seems to be the one I am missing of Kate's
Oooooh could talk for ages about Kate Bush .. funny you should all mention her cos I listened to most of Aerial yesterday during preparation and eating of Sunday lunch sat outside on the terrace in the warm sunshine .. listening to Aerial .. heaven.!! No really I strongly suggest it even tho as with most KB stuff it takes some 'growing'...
The only one I've never got 'into' much is The Red Shoes but there's time....

Administrator
Administrator
Aerial is an interesting one.

I've been a big Kate Bush fan throughout her career and rated this album very highly when I first heard it.

But now I'm not so sure - it doesn't seem to have the depth of Sensual World or Kick Inside etc and I don't rate it among her 'greats'. It doesn't really say anything new to me.

Still a bl**dy good album though. laugh I love 'Tal' especially

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Having given Metamatic a damn good thrashing over the weekend I'm now listening to 'Music for 18 Musicians' by Steve Reich - great for a rainy day!

I beg to differ Martin, I rate it as her most mature and accomplished work . .but it's a very personal thing. This album helped me out with a lot of 'heavy, personal' stuff at the time I first heard it... :rolleyes:

back OT : Organisation - Tonefloat .. very 'background' but a pleasant surprise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i also like kate bush's "aerial" album a lot & it's indeed perfect for a lazy sunday afternoon especially ! ;-)

now playing : lowfish - "burn the lights out" ( his new album )

later most definitely : kraftwerk - "ralf & florian" ( with the great "tanzmusik" & "ananas symphonie" on it ;-)

Well i dont have 'aerial', so had to play 'Absolute Garbage' instead. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:

now playing : lowfish - "burn the lights out" ( his new album )

later most definitely : kraftwerk - "ralf & florian" ( with the great "tanzmusik" & "ananas symphonie" on it ;-)
Ha ha! ..that mention of Organisation got you going eh?
Not familiar with that "fish" person .. who he?

Page 137 of 753 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.