Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
You crazy vinyl fetishists!

Haven't they pressed quadraphonic versions of the Cathedral Oceans I and III 5.1 surround mixes? cool

Got my package today!
First what I thought as I hold it in my hands was "WOW!"
What a nice thing it is. I'm really glad I ordered one for myself. Absolutely great made! The images in this size are wonderful.
This album / book is really worth the money - a must have for every collector ( Like me cool)

Thanks a lot to everyone who were involved in this release.

I'm happy with it! grin

Last edited by Shadow Man; 09/05/16 06:29 PM.
Ah, forgot to mention:
Mine is No.: 226 from 750!

I collect just about everything that John releases but I'm not going to jump on the vinyl bandwagon. As long as I have the CD collection I'm happy.

Originally Posted By: Shadow Man
Got my package today!
First what I thought as I hold it in my hands was "WOW!"
What a nice thing it is. I'm really glad I ordered one for myself. Absolutely great made! The images in this size are wonderful.
This album / book is really worth the money - a must have for every collector ( Like me cool)

Thanks a lot to everyone who were involved in this release.

I'm happy with it! grin

Nice to know that it is an object "worth" the money you paid for it, but I really don't agree with these super expensive releases which exclude a large part of fans and admirers like myself who have always stuck by an artists and their various releases over the years.

I'm genuine glad you're happy with it Andreas, and please let us know how the audio is also - some pictures too if you can cheers!

I confess though, apart from all the usual +/- arguments, I'm still confused by 3 albums, split over 5 discs. Surely it should have been 6 discs so that the albums are split evenly? If you're gonna go 'all out' and create a premium box set - then why not go 'really all out' and do it properly. I'm still completely baffled by that.

T
T
Received my copy today. I 2nd the WOW

This is the best album package I have ever bought. Designed as a coffee table book with beautiful photo's and words with the 5 lp's part of the book at the end.

Sound quality is good as is the pressing quality. They have absolutely done the correct thing in having the 3 cd's split over 5lp's. Each lp side is between 13 and 18 minutes long, so best for sound quality. Each page where the LP is housed has the song titles and playtime. Having it split over 6 lp's would be pointless from a sound quality pov and the book layout gives this a brand new feel compared to the cd's - and all for the better.

Absolutely brilliant release and a must have. Well done everyone involved in this release.

Last edited by turntable; 09/08/16 09:54 AM.
T
T
Looking good. Is anyone willing to compare the pics/texts between the old CD edition and this vinyl edition? If it is mostly a case of the same but bigger this time then I might pass. If otherwise I might - er - fail? Thanks muchly.

Administrator
Administrator

i can't (yet) vouch for the pictures, though they are obviously bigger.

The text is THE SAME as the vinyl edition, which I personally find disappointing

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thanks for the photos, turntable.
And I never could say it better.

This is nothing "new" for us and if you don't like Vinyls it is surely not a thing for you. I own the CD versions of CO 1-3 too but I haven't bought the CD Collection. So I cannot say if this is the same in big or not. First reason for me to buy it were the Vinyls. I mostly listen to the CD's but sometimes I like to put on my turntable and listen to some Vinyls.I thought too it is a bit expensive and struggled with my decision. But as I told ; when I hold it in my hands it was OK for the money.I own a lot of John's Vinyl stuff and for me it is a different thing listening to a Vinyl.Crackling, hissing, the big cover - I love it. wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.