Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
John was recently interviewed for the new Brian Eno biography On Some Faraway Beach written by David Sheppard (and published by Orion Books). He's quoted throughout the book, starting with sightings of Brian at the Royal College of Art - their work together during the recording of the Ultravox! album is also covered.

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
Excellent - thanks Rob.

John describes (some of) these earliest encounters at RCA during the 'Art of Pop' R4 series.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I saw a review of the book in yesterday's Metro. My first thought was "Ooh, is John in it?".

Might have to check that out - not too familiar with Brian's career beyond his various collaborations and obviously, Roxy.

Administrator
Administrator
This is a must-have I think.

Another Green World is a brilliant piece of work. I'd say one of the most fundamental influences on Ultravox(!)

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
My copy is not far away now!

Two of the great minds of modern music. Their encounter must have been stratospheric...Ultravox!

This book would make a nice companion to one of his earlier books More Dark Than Shark , which involved sketches by one of John's acquaintenances, Russell Mills.

...highly likely you'll be remembered Brian!

Chris wink

I managed to sneak a peek at this last night - there's a great anecdote by John about Keith Richards, but I won't spoil it for anyone who's purchasing it! The book seems very well researched and written. There's stuff you just never knew...wait 'til you find out the story behind the drum sound on 'My Sex'! eek The horror! wink

T
T
Thanks guys - I went out in the sun today to buy one. I think most music fans can relate to one Eno or another. The ones I like best are the ambient one, the U2 producer, the Bowie collaborator (especially on "1. Outside"), and the visual installation artist.

Administrator
Administrator
I have also braved the sun to pick up a copy of this.
Its a beautiful looking book as well - excellent value for £20.00

Thanks for the heads up on this Rob

I wonder if Dust and Light isn't in some way an oblique tribute to Eno...?

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.