Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Brian
A sound desk recording of the gig will shortly be available on Memetune download:-

http://myblogitsfullofstars.blogspot.co...._medium=twitter

The six track download, entitled The Bunker Tapes : Live At York Cold War Bunker, is now available on Bandcamp...

01. Memory Oxide [05:07]
02. Orphan Waltz [02:56]
03. Meat And Metal [03:18]
04. The Other Mother [03:40]
05. Transworld Airwave [03:29]
06. Star Thief [03:59]

This live performance was recorded at York Cold War Bunker on the 9th of May, 2016.

The music was partly conceived as the soundtrack to a play based on E.M. Forster’s short story The Machine Stops.

The play, adapted by Neil Duffield and directed by Juliet Forster was originally co produced by York Theatre Royal and Pilot Theatre during May and June 2016.

A studio album by John Foxx And The Maths of the complete soundtrack will be released by Metamatic Records in the next twelve months.

Rob

D
D
Hi Rob,

I'm guessing this won't be available on cd but I just thought I'd ask to be on the safe side...

Darren

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Darren777
Hi Rob,

I'm guessing this won't be available on cd but I just thought I'd ask to be on the safe side...

Darren

I've been advised that The Bunker Tapes : Live At York Cold War Bunker is a download only release, and that there are no plans at the moment to release it on either CD or vinyl.

Rob

Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

I've been advised that The Bunker Tapes : Live At York Cold War Bunker is a download only release, and that there are no plans at the moment to release it on either CD or vinyl.

Rob

but...
"A studio album by John Foxx And The Maths of the complete soundtrack will be released by Metamatic Records in the next twelve months."

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: MemberD
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

Rob

but...
"A studio album by John Foxx And The Maths of the complete soundtrack will be released by Metamatic Records in the next twelve months."

Yes, but the complete soundtrack (for the Machine Stops) and The Bunker Tapes : Live At York Cold War Bunker are two separate things...

Rob

F
F
EM Forster's all very well, but when are they gonna do some Harold Robbins?

Administrator
Administrator

There are actually THREE different things that could be going on...

1. THE BUNKER TAPES which as Rob said is a live recording of the set in York
2. THE MACHINE STOPS soundtrack as a studio album
3. THE MACHINE STOPS live theatre performance which 'uses' parts of the soundtrack music but in a different order, looped and sampled 'live' in response to the action on stage

Although I must add that Number 3 above is purely speculative on my part, but (perhaps as a DVD) is the one I would look forward to the most if it were ever to be discussed.

Confusing? Of course laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I'll get the CD when it's available, but for now the download is very nice.

P
P
I bought it this morning and find it cuts a crisp line between two separate nodes on the Foxxmap. A hybrid from the Cathedral Oceans approach of glacial beauty and the Ballardian side of Metamatic/Maths work... with a chaser of T-Dream for something new. Very tasty to get all of these flavors in a single meal! Minimal expression vocals on "Memory Oxide." "Star Thief" has some "20th Century" DNA present. An intense little 23 minute gooseflesh pill to be savored. So glad that The Maths have been reactivated in such a fashion. How many more EPs can Foxx make in his liberal spare time? They have all been excellent and diverse.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.