Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
It was a Black Country Inn pub.

I was drinking porter.You were drinking something hoppy can't remember what.

They say beer kills brain cells... crazy

I did pub crawl in Galway in 2001 with my Dad when he was alive.
think we did that one.

Brian

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Brian
It was a Black Country Inn pub.

I was drinking porter.You were drinking something hoppy can't remember what.

They say beer kills brain cells... crazy

I did pub crawl in Galway in 2001 with my Dad when he was alive.
think we did that one.

Brian
Whatever it was it was good I now throw down the gauntlet and say me , you and Garry will have to do a bike event together (I trust your recovery is going well) Btw Should be on footy thread but I've managed to procure a ticket for us against the red shite in the Merseyside Derby Can't wait. 4 October Week before me and Gazza fly the flag for Velomatic in L'Epica. Not the perfect training schedule, I know.

Davy - isn't there another bike ride in your neck of the woods earlier in the year? Springtime I think.

PS - if you like really hoppy ales as I do, Truman's Zephyr is really good, and there's a new South London mob called Late Knights who produce one called Beatnik it's a light 3.8 % or thereabouts and really hoppy

I
OP Offline
I
Good talking to you and thanks for waking me up becausre if you hadn't I would have missed an appointmemtat 11 over here
Anyway, I've checked L'Eroica this year it's 4th October ;I get the distinct impression that they keep them a week apart so you should get yourself a flight to Pisa next year (Or london city- Florence)
as I said on the phone La Mitica the one dedicated to fausto Coppi and starting in his home village (similar to Alice Bel Colle) has had 3 editions so far nd it has Always been the last Sunday in June.

Yep, got to chat to you n all. Like you say, L'Eroica is the big one, perhaps too big - but LA Mitica looks good. Might be worth keeping an eye on the website early next year: http://www.lamitica.it/home.php

Brian - La Mitica: June, L'Epica: Sept/Oct - could you possibly make either of these?

September/October is more likely but I have other things to overcome.

June is out with birthday and holiday commitments.

My knee is still quite stiff and hurts still when I do just 10 miles.

I managed to trip last Saturday night on the way back from the Bewdley beer festival and badly cut my bad knee and burned the skin off the are that was stitched.
I currently have healing gel mesh dressing thing attached to the new wound.

How many miles/kilometres are we talking and over how long?

Is it just a weekend?

I need to know I can do the distance.

Oh and I need to ask the wife...

Brian

I
OP Offline
I
The shortest option is near where I live , Always last Sunday in June , but obviously a non.stasrter for you . The one Garry and me do is between 75and 80 k contains some serious climbing and about 15k of gravel tracks over intermittemt sections ;No mountain bikes allowed I'm afraid It's a joy to do in terms of scenery , spectacle , effort and wine consumption ! Don't take my word for it , ask our resident Hotspur. Usually late Sept/early Oct

I
OP Offline
I
I'm sure we'll spaeak before but I'll mention it here INNER TUBES Try and bring some over My old Bianchi no longer has a tubeless tyre set uo. The first epica I punctured twice within one kilometre and you'll probably remember I was the first to puncture 3 years ago I've had 2 consecutive ones without any !

Right - INNER TUBES! Got it!

Don't forget the year after your puncture at the start, I had two in the space of ten minutes!

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Right - INNER TUBES! Got it!

Don't forget the year after your puncture at the start, I had two in the space of ten minutes!

alright mate Just about to ring you Are you in ? I wanted to propose a euro/sterling deal cutting out the middleman , the thieving banks. In other news I booked my flight for our last (home) game against Norwich 15 May !I know thoise scumbags at Sky can't change it

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.