Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
Hi Martin, have checked out 'Paddington' - similarities with LOC, will add it to a future show playlist. On this week's show I'm kicking off with the 'Drive' radio edit. Next weeks show is a prerecord, and it includes all 9 mins of Making Movies!
Show's online on Peterborough FM at 11am today if you're close to tinternet
Cheers

Any other North Americans here these days? Got my shipping notification nearly a month ago but no CD yet. That's a longer wait than usual.

ETA: I'm an impatient person, evidently. I checked eMusic.com and the album's there so I bought a download. This is lovely stuff.

Last edited by Steve Roby; 06/24/15 01:44 AM.
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Please see the following announcement about this release…

Ghost Harmonic - Codex

We've discovered that a very small batch of Codex CDs were incorrectly inserted into their wallets at the manufacturing plant. As a result, some glue has got onto a few of the CDs.

We will offer new copies on any sent back to Townsend Records. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. You can contact Townsend Records here - https://johnfoxx.tmstor.es/cart/contact.php

If you have bought Codex from an alternative retailer and your CD is faulty you will also be able to return the package for a replacement.

Kind regards,

Metamatic Records

Rob

T
T
This is just a first impression from one play whilst doing something else.

Pleasant, interesting, slightly surprised that there aren't more noticable (to my untrained ear) synth sections - that little interjection near the end of track 1, would have expected more of that. The track "Codex" itself reminded me of something, I couldn't place it for a couple of minutes and then decided it was one of the REM B sides from the early nineties, "Organ Song" I think. Nothing wrong with that - sublime.

Note to the universe: when I get tired of waiting for a CD and buy a download, the CD's supposed to arrive the very next day, not a few days later. No glue problem, at least.

P
P
Steve Roby - I am a North American and I've had "Codex" for over a month! Thought I did just have to reorder the new Rezillos album on LP after ordering it a month ago. My first attempt never arrived after dispatch. At least the vendor was instantaneous about the refund when I mentioned this.

Did you order from Townsend? I preordered from them. Usually takes a week or so, not a month.

P
P
Yeah. My wife orders from Townsend for me as she's on the mailing list at work. I am fortunate to have a wife who likes John Foxx, if you can believe that bit of fortune [among others]. Sounds like you have some shipping issues to work out.

I'll hope this is a one-off.

Administrator
Administrator

Perhaps, like me, you've been listening wrong...

Some thoughts on CODEX

https://translatedbirdsong.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/codex/

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.