Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
The Ghost Harmonic album Codex is now available to pre-order over at Townsend Records...

Rob

Any samples, eg on Soundcloud?
I'd like to hear before I buy..

I notice they've bagged www.ghostharmonic.com - wise move!

Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted By: NerveJam
I notice they've bagged www.ghostharmonic.com - wise move!

I think Rob put that link in his first announcing the album.
It will be interesting to see what they do with it...

In the meantime have you seen this interview

http://www.violinist.com/blog/DianaYukawa/20153/16644

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
The Ghost Harmonic album Codex is now available to pre-order over at Townsend Records...

I've just been advised that the release date for Codex has had to be moved back until the 25th of May, 2015.

Rob

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
An exclusive interview with Diana Yukawa is now online - http://www.metamatic.com/marchdocs03/00000015.shtml

Rob

So? Any thoughts? Mine is still winging its way to me (I hope!)

P
P
I just ordered mine the night of release... only to find that my wife had earlier pre-ordered a copy as a birthday present after I told her that I'd ordered it... oops! But she told me and I cancelled my order at the store [very good UI design to be able to do that by the way Townsend Music!] and instead used the money to buy that new Rezillos album on LP! I eagerly await them both. The Rezillos have possibly the longest span ever between albums… a 37 year gulf between their first studio album and this! Take that, Blue Nile!

F
F
I got this one yesterday!

I must say, I had a little bit of a temptation to think "oh, not ANOTHER ambient John Foxx album!" (how many have we had now? Cathedral Oceans I, II and III, London Overgrown, My Lost City, the one with Theo Travis, the one with the guy out of the Cocteau Twins, the two with Harold Budd, the one with Harold Budd and another guy, the one with Steve D'Angostino & the drummer from Japan, ... I may have missed one or two! cool)

....but no, this is a really good one! In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say it's nearly the best ambient John Foxx album I've heard. Or one of the best. Definately in the top 5. Amoungst the top 5 John Foxx ambient albums are such divers elements as...

ANYWAYS - yes, basically it's extremely nice because instead of just slapping reverb and echo on a Juno 60 DCO synth (I mean honestly!) or all those overly-perfect pianos, or his warbly vocals, here a real violin is the main sound source. And it's got a helluva lot more timbral motion and subtlety than the aforementioned. So the drone textures are sonically superior.
Some of them even verge on Tangerine Dream "Zeit" territory!
Hurrah! smile

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.