Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47282 08/25/14 01:13 PM
OP Offline
I've started creating some of my own tracks under the project 'Sombre Reptiles'. Does anyone recognise where the name comes from? Anyway I've uploaded some tracks to Soundcloud. Comments or critical feedback would be welcome. Cheers.

www.soundcloud.com/ajb67

Administrator
Administrator

I haven't listen yet, but will do soon.

Then no doubt, I'll come running wink

Good luck with the project

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Birdsong #47284 08/27/14 05:32 PM
OP Offline
No pulling the wool over your eyes Martin.

I have to say that Another Green World is one of my favourite albums of all time.

Administrator
Administrator

And mine. But I wasn't going to give it away ;D

Haven't played it for a while.
Is it fair to say that it's an influence on your work?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Birdsong #47286 08/28/14 03:26 PM
OP Offline
Yes I'd say that Another Green World is an influence. I have recorded quite a few tracks in an 'ambient style'. Some melodic and some trying to create an atmosphere with strange sounds and effects. Then again I've recorded quite a few upbeat,even dancey, numbers too.I've only recorded one vocal piece so far. I'm not particularly happy with that one though. Ha ha.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.