Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I received my copy on Monday. I've had one listen so far.

I agree that Film One is definitely the template,particularly the sound of the drum machines. The tracks aren't particularly melodic though. Synths are used to create an atmosphere.If the beats and basslines were removed many of these tracks would be quite ambient.

My CD's arrived in Ottawa. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Maybe during the commute to work tomorrow.

Got my Multi-buy Pack yesterday and had two listens until yet. Very interesting music which grows with every listen. You can hear it sounds like a soundtrack - think it will be wonderful listen to it live and watching the visuals. But it's a bit short for a live event for my opinion. Would be nice to know if there is some more music than this on the event.

This album is a nice surprise and I like it.

Hope we can have some more info about this evening soon.

P
P
My wife got me the multi-pack for my birthday. Excellent project!

Full review here:

http://postpunkmonk.wordpress.com/2014/0...ckward-in-time/

Tickets have gone on sale to the event:-

http://www.bfi.org.uk

Enter Evidence of time travel in the search box.

Brian

Last edited by Brian; 10/07/14 04:10 PM.
F
F
Gave this a listen for the first time this morning.
I like the scruffier, more 'cassette tape' sound that Steve D'Angostino has produced it with - the Maths stuff sounds boring and overly clean in comparison.

They're all nice little minitures, although I'd prefer proper songs... most of these sound like they could've been knocked out in a couple of hours each, all very simple musically.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.