Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47007 02/01/14 01:32 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Thanks to Merric and the team at Toppermost.co.uk, my Top Ten and retrospective narrative on John Foxx is now live.

I have no doubt that everyone here will disagree with my selection... laugh

(The Top Ten are not presented in any order of preference, but from a playlist I put together that sounded great while writing the piece.)

http://www.toppermost.co.uk/john-foxx/

An interesting selection Martin. I agree with many of your choices - The Garden,A Kind Of Wave,Evangeline etc. Of course no two people are going to agree about everything. For example I just can't get into the track Evidence at all.

I've got my anorak on now. You have listed a Kind Of Wave as belonging to The Golden Section. Of course this was included on the 1983 release of the Endlessly single. Although it has been included in various releases of the album as an extra track it was never on the album proper.It holds a similar status as A Woman On A Stairway which you didn't state belongs to The Golden Section

P
P
I completely understand the reverence for "Evidence!" After over 30 years it's become my favorite John Foxx song quite handily.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

I didn't put those bits in...

Thanks though - glad you like it. Ten is REALLY hard

T
T
Nice list! I agree with The Garden, A Kind Of Wave, A Woman on a Stairway and Metanym. Skyscaper might also conceivably make my 10.

On a side note, I have given last year's EPs a couple of spins now. Pretty good stuff, but for some reason and back on thread I find Evangeline more annoying than anything else at the moment. If only that phasing effect were missing! Hope I get used to it.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.