Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 119 of 753 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 752 753
Interpol: Antics

Depeche Mode... a bit of everything!

T
T
Still loving 'Odessey And Oracle' by The Zombies. Surely one of the finest relatively unheralded albums of the sixties.

Chilling out at night with 'Console' by Bill Nelson. Part of the difficult and expensive to get hold of Noise Candy six disc set. This is quite varied instrumental music of the highest order, created in the nineties largely before Yorkshire's finest rediscovered the guitar.

From 9 this evening til about 10 mins from now!

John Foxx - 'Tiny Colour Movies'
John Foxx - 'Shifting City'
John Foxx - 'The Pleasures Of Electricity'

Pete Wylie "Songs of strength and heartbreak"

Can you belive Sony pitch 3/4's of a million on production of this and then walked away because of a few antics from Pete(My fave was challenging Mike Tyson to a fight in NY laugh )

Richard H Kirk - Virtual State

- picked it up at a snip second hand, and a very pleasant surprise: African tribal rhythms and chants mixed with electronics, although not the usual 'harsh' Cab Voltaire type..very soft and relaxing in a mid 90s kind of way, although still sounds fresh.

New Order 'Brotherhood'

Ultravox - 'U-vox' eek

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
New Order 'Brotherhood'
- my least favourite.

New Order anorak note: don't know if it's Europe-wide but over here Indesit are using 'Hey Now...' as music for a new washing machine advert ..(Kate Bush's Mrs Bartolozzi would've been more approriate perhaps...) Nice little earner for the lads.

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] New Order 'Brotherhood'
- my least favourite.

New Order anorak note: don't know if it's Europe-wide but over here Indesit are using 'Hey Now...' as music for a new washing machine advert ..(Kate Bush's Mrs Bartolozzi would've been more approriate perhaps...) Nice little earner for the lads. [/b]
I think it's everyones least favourite New Order album!

Every year I think 'It can't be that bad, can it?' and every year I play it once, and every year I think 'Yeah - it really is THAT bad'

Will have to play 'Technique' later to restore some balance!

Page 119 of 753 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.