Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Agreed its very very good,very dreamy.

Brian

This is the most excited I've felt about a new Foxx release in a long time, with this EP and the Ghost Box release.

A nice return to more psychedelic-based music yet with all the same familiar themes of streets, avenues and all that.

Liked both tracks that have been leaked - especially...

Evangeline ---> BBC Radio 6 - JF and JH on at 1:25

but this is good too:

Can't See You Anymore ---> Track on Soundcloud

Last edited by solenoid; 07/12/13 11:39 PM.
K
K
I've just heard Angeline and it's one of my favourite Foxx tracks already. It's hugely dream-like, and John's voice has rarely been better. Cannot wait to own the EP!

H
H
Well, what a revelation! Only heard the two tracks so far but if the rest of the EP is up to scratch this could well be the best thing John's done since his 1980s heyday!

To be honest, the recent Maths output has been so uninspiring I was starting to wonder if John was losing interest and just bunging out a "will this do?" album every few months just to pay the bills.

On both Evangeline and Something Is Coming Down The Avenues however, for the first time in a long time, the arrangements sound like a lot of effort has gone into making them rich and lush, with haunting melodies and evocative lyrics. I await the full EP release with great interest.

H
H
Oh and does anyone else find Soundcloud really temperamental?
Most time I click on the links on this thread, I get taken to the site but no sound plays, no matter how many times I click the "play/pause" button.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
Well, what a revelation! Only heard the two tracks so far but if the rest of the EP is up to scratch this could well be the best thing John's done since his 1980s heyday!

To be honest, the recent Maths output has been so uninspiring I was starting to wonder if John was losing interest and just bunging out a "will this do?" album every few months just to pay the bills.

On both Evangeline and Something Is Coming Down The Avenues however, for the first time in a long time, the arrangements sound like a lot of effort has gone into making them rich and lush, with haunting melodies and evocative lyrics. I await the full EP release with great interest.

*[Like]*

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
The vinyl edition of European Splendour is now available to pre-order from Amazon.

Rob

H
H
Just one misgiving; as it stands 3 of the 4 new tracks on this release are already available to stream online in full.

Whilst I'm sure we diehards will buy the EP, perhaps the average curious fan might be tempted to just use a software package to record the streaming audio and not bother buying the actual CD. Perhaps it would have been better to just preview one or two track with a 30 second sample rather than the full length versions?

Administrator
Administrator
Good point, well made.

I concur. For me, it's less about the sales (I don't know the figures) but an element of surprise and anticipation is lost by listening to too many previews.

However, It's been suggested to me that streaming and previews actually drive sales. Interesting. ..?

Last edited by Birdsong; 07/20/13 09:24 AM.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.