Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Molte Bene! grin

I'll get the wheels in motion, guv - d'you see what I did there? did'ya?

I
OP Offline
I
Wicklow 100 completed on Sunday in 4hrs 7 minutes (Rads knows this already)Great scenery , wonderful day Think I've honoured my user name
Great pub next day too (See seperate subject)

I
OP Offline
I
Ok Radler my trusty gregario further to our natter ont' dog and bone last night , if you and Si are coming over Thursday it might be worth bringing your bikes over (or him at least) La Bianchi is still yours We/You * could use Alice Bel Colle as a high altitude training camp for a few days prior to the event As I mentioned L^Epica can be done competitively with a chip this year This requires a Sports Medical , I had mine on Friday I think I also told you thast the lovely Michela has a jersey to send me All the best on Le col d'Hampstead !!!
*Personally I hope it's second rather than first person plural because as much as I love it up there I hope to be gainfully employed come October !

Should be seeing Simon later in the week guv and will run it by him - no cause for alarm!

Not looking forward to Hampstead though - yeesh

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Should be seeing Simon later in the week guv and will run it by him - no cause for alarm!

Not looking forward to Hampstead though - yeesh

Just don't do a Tom Simpsom at the top of Le Col d'Hampstead ! Joking apart , great biography about him . almost finished . I'll have to get up Le Ventoux before I reach my dotage

Good news , received a lovely faux retro black and white Campagnolo jersey from the lovely Michela this very morn

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/20/13 10:39 AM.

Ahhhhhhhhh - that's brilliant news!

About the lovely faux retro black and white Campagnolo jersey I mean - not me going Simpson on Le Col d'Hampstead.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

Ahhhhhhhhh - that's brilliant news!

About the lovely faux retro black and white Campagnolo jersey I mean - not me going Simpson on Le Col d'Hampstead.

I'm kicking and punching myself in anger here Radler Just took the Legnano in for an overhaul before hitting the coast My bike mechanic asked "Are you going to La Mitica in Castellania (Fausto Coppi's native village) tomorrow ? "Didn't know it on mate " was all I could feebly reply Anyone entries are closed I am crying bitter tears of frustration onto my keyboard as I type this ! I'm about as on the ball as Wigan's defense !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8xdvy8mTneI/UclyonotdrI/AAAAAAAAIKk/LgFVtBkOsrg/s1600/LA-MITICA-2013.jpg

I
OP Offline
I
STOP PRESS
I said to myself "Ivan stop being a drama queen I caught the same train we got to Piacenza only as far as Tortona (15 minutes) then cycled the gruelling 14k climb to Castellania Turned out I knew one of the organisers so I was able top sign on for the short one 41k Down to Novi Ligure to Il Campionissimo Museum dedicated to Fausto Coppi We were allowed in free and plied with white wine pizza and farinata The way back contained two very steep climbs , one on a never ending gravel track a real killer plus the climb I'd done to get there one in ten gradients All rounded off by agnolotti and red wine in the grounds of "Casa Coppi" the family home which has been turned into a smaller museum (not cycling but historical)
All in all a great day Not quite L Epica but getting there It was only the second edition of La Mitica
All in all Ivan is one happy cyclist !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/30/13 01:37 PM.
grin

'cause everybody loves a happy ending! Glad you managed to get to do it in the end.

It does sound good guv - and a bit more picturesque than my round journey from Bethnal Green to Shepherd's Bush earlier today.

Will definitely look into doing that as well as L'Epica next year.

Mornin’ Ivan – well as you’ve probably already seen in the papers, on the news-wire and over the radiogram – a major – some say historic – victory not seen in sport for some time was finally won yesterday.

Yes, that’s right: I conquered Alpe d’Hampstead! laugh

I approached via Col de Adelaide Road, musette was munched somewhere passing near Mont Primrose Hill and then on along Saint Swiss Cottage and on and on and on.

Fantastic news about Froome too – I’m expecting a call from him any day now to congratulate me on my victory also and maybe ask if I can help out next year.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.