Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46215 05/30/13 08:35 AM
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Twenty Systems, the 2008 landmark album from Benge is about to be re-released on the 24th of June, 2013.

A brilliant contribution to the archaeology of electronic music - Brian Eno.

Twenty tracks made on twenty synthesisers spanning twenty years, accompanied by a sixty page colour book with a foreword by Robin 'Scanner' Rimbaud.

It's currently available to pre-order from Amazon.

Rob

F
F
I splashed out on this... on a first listen I was a little bit taken aback - some of the tracks were just so simplistic and basic (e.g. the first one, which is just a Moog modular playing the same note over and over again for 2 minutes lol)....
...but once I listened further I began to 'get it' a bit more and appreciate the minimalism. Don't go expected "Switched On Bach" for this one!

The booklet and sleevenotes are really nice, although Robin Rimbaud's faux-post-structuralist intro is farcical. I wonder has there ever been any other academic disciplines which seem to have derived solely from apeing really clunky translations from French? Obtuse wittering nonsense lol

You might also want to try "Analog" by Martin Carradus. Similar but not as minimal. http://amzn.to/2bRlmzN

Last edited by NerveJam; 09/05/16 03:37 PM. Reason: added link

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.