Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 743 of 753 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 752 753
S
S
OMD - English Electric

There has been three great albums released this year so far(& I don't include Depeche Mode or Bowie in those) & I have to say pop pickers that OMD is languishing at the No.3 spot.

The other two are.

Hurts - Exile
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

H
H
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
English Electric by those Orchestral Manouvres and their Dark. Album of the year so far for me.

I bought it more out a sense of nostalgia than anything else, but I have to admit to being surprised at how good it is, far better than the disappointing History Of Modern. Perhaps my only complaint is that it sounds a bit too digital with all those clean soft-synths; it could have done with a spot of 8-bit grit from a Mellotron or two or maybe some deliberately lo-fi sampling.

Administrator
Administrator

Two unfamiliar artists for me this week:-

Ruben Garcia - The Gatekeeper
Improvised piano pieces for a simple life. Beautiful

Robert Calvert - Test-tube Conceived
Don't understand why I haven't heard this before. Progressive electronica.
Links with lots of things from before and after

I recently treated myself to the special edition Depeche Mode remasters of Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion.

They sound epic. Rediscovering them all over again. Brilliant!

S
S
Originally Posted By: Alex S
I recently treated myself to the special edition Depeche Mode remasters of Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion.

They sound epic. Rediscovering them all over again. Brilliant!

Nice one Alex.

it's still English Electric by those Orchestral Manoeuvres and their Dark, with large chunks of Blondie inbetween thanks to Birdsong and Mateybloke cool

Last edited by RadioBeach; 04/30/13 08:00 AM.
I
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
it's still English Electric by those Orchestral Manoeuvres and their Dark, with large chunks of Blondie inbetween thanks to Birdsong and Mateybloke cool

You spelt Graham Parker wrong there lid ! smile
I see you are still in dirty stopout mode I tried yours last night about half eight to no avail !

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

You spelt Graham Parker wrong there lid ! smile
I see you are still in dirty stopout mode I tried yours last night about half eight to no avail !

Oh y'know him . .probably at some London "underground" station busking wiv 'is Theremin, perfecting his repertoire of Blondie, OMDee and Tangerine Dream numbers for the commuters.

IT WAS SUNNY! INNIT!

Trust me - we've not seen daylight over here since last September!

So I was Down in The Park, with a good book, lashings of pop and crisps

STILL sunny so it's Campfire Headphase and Random 35 Track Tape by Boards of Canada cool

Page 743 of 753 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.