Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 107 of 753 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
really? interesting. does anyone know why the original version hasn't been released on cd? one of my all-time favourite albums btw.
My thoughts exactly ...

anyway I'm going to dig out my cassette tonight and check I haven't been dreaming or anything.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I originally had the 80s Fame re-issue cassette, which I'm sure is the synth version. Buying the album on vinyl a few years later (both editons; '...Fairchild' & 'Science') and I'm sure they also feature the synth version. I don't think I've ever heard a guitar version - is it just the CD issue that has this on it?
No that's the point - it DOESN'T have the 'guitar' version .. anyway I've listened to the 'synth' version a few more times now and sort of getting used to it.

Today I have been listening to Ultravox

Depeche Mode - 'The Singles 86-98'.

M
M
'Radio Silenece' continues...
I have three versions of "The Golden Age of Wireless"
- Original UK vinyl: synth version of 'Radio Silence'
- Original US vinyl: different sleeve, guitar version of 'Radio Silence', no 'She blinded Me with Science'
- CD: synth version of 'Radio Silence' and includes 'She blinded Me with Science'. I believe CD is the same than US 1983 reissue

MemberD: Lene Lovich is on video, sitting in a car smile

M
M
APHEX TWIN: Selected Ambient Works (vol.1)

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
...now read this poor person's tale of woe:
http://ycartreel.blogspot.com/2005/10/thomas-dolby-radio-silence.html
thanks for this... i'm not sure i have the guitar version anywhere, i have cassette and lp versions of the golden age of wireless, both with original track listing (wreck of the fairchild included etc.) and i think it's the synth version. i have also a compilation-cd called hyperactive, which i think has radio silence on it, but which version? i think it's the synth version also...

EDIT: now listening to lcd soundsystem

The Chemical Brothers: Saturate smile smile

Radio Silence : I've dug out my cassette - on Venice in Peril records, cat number TC VIP 1001, or maybe OC 262 07 607, and it def has the "longer" "guitar" version featuring L. Lovich on 'mantra'.
Perhaps we're a bit off topic here si anyone else who awants to comment please do it by mail.

...also found this but I think there's a discrepancy http://www.tmdrfan.com/tmdr/discography/albums/tgaow/

Also seen video on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVzoDM4rzb0 - this is the "synth" version

Page 107 of 753 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.