Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 106 of 753 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 752 753
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Anyone know if the original version, per 1982 LP, is on CD anywhere?
The synth version is the original. The guitar version was the B-side of "Radio Silence" single and appeared on US version of "Wireless", althought those two guitar versions are not exactly the same. I prefer the original synth version, by the way. Nice video featuring Lene Lovich and Thomas Dolby has his 'classic' scientist look.

Radio Silence: Well that's interesting Mr Normall...although it means I have a very rare cassette of TGAOW which includes the 'guitar' version of RS.. even according to discogs.com it should feature the 'shorter' synth version (feat one Daniel Miller BTW). You say the video had L Lovich although she apparently features on the 'guitar' version whereas the synth version has a certain Ms. Akiko Yano ..doing a sort of faux-Kate Bush vocal.... frown

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] David Sylvian, 'When Loud Weather Buffeted Naoshima'
Worth buying? [/b]
Hi Mr Normall,

It's one of his experimental recordings. Basically, If you like any of the following;

'Plight & Premonition', 'Approaching Silence' or field recordings such as Chris Watson's 'Weather Report', then you'll like it.

If you only like Sylvian's song-based albums - then best you steer clear!

Today's listening pleasure; John Coltrane 'Ascension'.

Dave Gahan's new single "Kingdom"....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Dave Gahan's new single "Kingdom"....
Wossit like?

Yes Alex, how is it?

Depeche Mode - 'The Singles 81-85'.

Quote:
Radio Silence: Well that's interesting Mr Normall...although it means I have a very rare cassette of TGAOW which includes the 'guitar' version of RS.. even according to discogs.com it should feature the 'shorter' synth version (feat one Daniel Miller BTW). You say the video had L Lovich although she apparently features on the 'guitar' version whereas the synth version has a certain Ms. Akiko Yano ..doing a sort of faux-Kate Bush vocal.... frown
really? interesting. does anyone know why the original version hasn't been released on cd? one of my all-time favourite albums btw.

Quote:
I originally had the 80s Fame re-issue cassette, which I'm sure is the synth version. Buying the album on vinyl a few years later (both editons; '...Fairchild' & 'Science') and I'm sure they also feature the synth version. I don't think I've ever heard a guitar version - is it just the CD issue that has this on it?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
[b] Dave Gahan's new single "Kingdom"....
Wossit like? [/b]
Sounds fantastic! It's up on his MySpace page, but unfortunately it's just a minute or so... frown

Page 106 of 753 1 2 104 105 106 107 108 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.