Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
I
OP Offline
I
As it's nearly Xmas and I probably won't be on for the next 3 days This is my present Just imagine this conversation back in my native Bootle

Scouser A "Der's a dead good proey on der telly about dat Alan McGee and his Creation Records and loads about Oasis "

Scouser B "Custy Lid " I'd berrer get down the outdoor and buy some bevvies "
Cores ,I've virtually given you match point here It only remains for you to google it and post the link

I was working part time in a five-and-dime
My boss was mr. MC GEE
He told me several times that he didn't like my kind
Cause I was a bit 2 leisurely

Seems that I was busy doing something close 2 nothing
But different than the day before
That's when I saw her, ooh, I saw her
She walked in through the OUTDOOR, OUTDOOR

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 12/23/12 08:14 PM.
C
C
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

My boss was mr. MC GEE

Okay Ivan, you mentioned 'sex midget', only two spring to mind, Marc Almond (dwarf), and Dolly Parton, and then there's your five-and-dime line above, but your 'song' actually works well to the tune of sex midget Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse Of The Heart so I wondered if 'tiler' was some kind of Liverpool slang for someone who goes to the off-licence. However I decided to google MC GEE, turns out there's a Tits Mcgee which is slang for a well endowed woman or one who suffers from macromastia which brings us straight back to Dolly Parton, so my question is this, is a 'fruity barnet' also slang for big breasts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDMFOLIHxU

New balls please,
dammit, the clue was there in my own post wasn't it!

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: core memory

My boss was mr. MC GEE

Okay Ivan, you mentioned 'sex midget', only two spring to mind, Marc Almond (dwarf), and Dolly Parton, and then there's your five-and-dime line above, but your 'song' actually works well to the tune of sex midget Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse Of The Heart so I wondered if 'tiler' was some kind of Liverpool slang for someone who goes to the off-licence. However I decided to google MC GEE, turns out there's a Tits Mcgee which is slang for a well endowed woman or one who suffers from macromastia which brings us straight back to Dolly Parton, so my question is this, is a 'fruity barnet' also slang for big breasts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwDMFOLIHxU

New balls please,
dammit, the clue was there in my own post wasn't it!

Guess I'll have 2 tell U I feel 4 U Cores I really do ! Never realised Dolly Bigknockers had ripped off wee Sheena Easton with 9 to 5 ! I'm off to my country retreat Have a good one over Xmas. Tune in for more non- Foxx related lunacy on 27 Dec

Here ya go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xATUw_ZVTzQ

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 12/24/12 08:56 AM.
Administrator
Administrator

Just thought I throw another mince pie at y'all before they go stale.
A different kind of question...

Who said this of John Foxx earlier in 2012, and to which track are they referring?

"I chose this song because it encapsulates much of his combination of new wave with psychedelia. The drumbeats quote Tomorrow Never Knows and the lyric is lovely surrealistic image"...

C
C
I'm guessing on this one, could it be the miss Gazelle Twin speaking about breathing through an ocean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gw7_H9uIaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xL1ffMlzKY

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

Just thought I throw another mince pie at y'all before they go stale.
A different kind of question...

Who said this of John Foxx earlier in 2012, and to which track are they referring?

"I chose this song because it encapsulates much of his combination of new wave with psychedelia. The drumbeats quote Tomorrow Never Knows and the lyric is lovely surrealistic image"...

My brain's not working Martin , so I'll take a long shot and say
Bradley Wiggins referring to "Distant Smile "
failing that
Cilla Black "Twilight's Last Gleaming "

C
C

My brain's not working Martin , so I'll take a long shot and say
...Cilla Black "Twilight's Last Gleaming "

Hmm, I think you're only half correct there Ivan, Cilla was most likely referring to Kurfurstendamm, as I believe that in her autobiography she mentions that "KURFURSTENDAMM!!!" is something she shouts out when she stubs her toe on the pavement kerb, or misses with her aim whilst using a hammer and bashes her thumb, or indeed when she accidently traps her fingers in the cutlery drawer.

Administrator
Administrator

OK my friends.

To identify the artist in question, you need to take a holiday to the eastern seaboard, where I hear the fossil-hunting is particularly good...

Let the force of Lorentz guide your wayward bus across the water.

Lyrics about water are especially promising

There's a further link with the band's most recent album, whose title is set in the same environment as the John Foxx track in question.

Your guide, the broadcaster who forged this tenuos connection, is a would-be Olympian descended from an ancient civilisation and educated in JF's homeland.

I
OP Offline
I

OK my friends.

To identify the artist in question, you need to take a holiday to the eastern seaboard, where I hear the fossil-hunting is particularly good...

Let the force of Lorentz guide your wayward bus across the water.

Lyrics about water are especially promising

There's a further link with the band's most recent album, whose title is set in the same environment as the John Foxx track in question.

Your guide, the broadcaster who forged this tenuos connection, is a would-be Olympian descended from an ancient civilisation and educated in JF's homeland.

Oh venerable Martin I have heeded your clues . I am now in Lowestoft Thinking of the Latin name for water I shall set off on my Thor Hyerdal type raft across the North Sea whence to Skaggesgat and the Kingdom of Denmark
My quest ends thus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

Administrator
Administrator
Wrong direction.

Go west, young Turk! Take Core with you.
Sharp, he is...

But I would leave Elizabeth 'Gazelle twin' Walling at home if I were you.
Misleading, she is

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.