Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 98 of 753 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 752 753
So far today, The Gathering - 'sample cdr'. From what i can tell, the groups just started getting recognition at the time of their singer leaving. Where have i heard that before!

Electrofear all week,really into it now.
Tonight Propaganda,Dream Within a Dream (new version),you can keep the rest of this "un-released" album though,A Secret wish was the best thing they did.

VNV Nation "Judgement",a good return to form

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Electrofear all week,really into it now.
Tonight Propaganda,Dream Within a Dream (new version),you can keep the rest of this "un-released" album though,A Secret wish was the best thing they did.
Y'know, Brian I played A Secret Wish again yesterday - I never tire of it. Today it's Metamatic and I think I'll even follow that with The Golden Section. I will have a Foxxy day today!

Enjoy the sunshine everyone (if you've got it)!

Sarah B laugh

T
T
A Secret Wish seems to have become fully appreciated many years after its release. I think it would have been significantly more successful at the time had it been released two or three years before its 1985 release. By then the electro sound was un-hip and I think it got lumped in with bands who were considered passe and who were no longer producing their best work.

L
L
Today's listening at The Domed City is the amazing Starbase 109 (www.myspace.com/starbase109)
I have ordered their cd and cant get enough of the tracks on the MySpace site and the videos.Smashing.Truly "industrial" ...lol

Today just two albums but of very different music, ELO - 'elo 2' and Sneaker Pimps - 'Becoming X'.

Depeche Mode 'Songs of Faith and Devotion'

Sarah laugh

Administrator
Administrator
An evening with the ladies...

The One and Only Judy Garland
A superb 3CD collection of her Capitol recordings

Les Feuilles Mortes Juliette Greco
Heart-breaking chansons d'amour

Don't always know why I put myself through this.
There will be tears before bedtime cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Just found a wma file, by Gary Numan, called "Always". Appears to be Sacrifice/Exile era.
Rather good. Anyone know where this is from?
It was on the fisrt programe/interview disc,"Purified", but Numan talked all over it,one fan used some technowizardry and removed the talking,a nice wee demo of a track well worth having.Theres a second one floating about called "Look" also from the same set.

Page 98 of 753 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.