Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 96 of 753 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
I've just been playing Cabs'"Methodology '74/'78.The Attic Tapes" which is a must for any serious vintage synth heads and experimentalists out there,with its liberal spraying of VCS3 and primitve tape samples,cut-ups and montages.Its a 3-disc set and not for the faint-hearted,but I love it!Favourite piece (out of 53!) has to be "Data Processing Instructions" from Disc 2.
No Im not a synth anorak-Im a full length faux-fur with all the trimmings.
Hi Logan 5! Ahhhhhhh 'Methodology' - what can I say? Full-on South Yorks Surrealism! Heh!

'Exhaust Exhaust Exhaust' - cracks me up everytime I hear it! laugh There's some gems on there! Some of the track titles alone are worth the purchase; 'Possibility of a Bum Trip', 'Makes Your Mouth Go Funny'spring to mind.

And "Data Processing Instructions" from Disc 2 is damn funky - should of been a hit wink

Paul mentioned The Crackdown earlier - think that may have to be played when I get in...or may be Microphonies...or...or...damn that group were good - wished they'd come back!

Today I'm listening to ESG — 'A South Bronx Story 2 (Collectors' Edition: Rarities)'- on Soul Jazz Records.

Martin - I've been giving my Neu! albums a damn good airing recently and I'm still investigating the Cluster stuff too. With regards to Amon Duul; where's a good place to start? I remember you also gave Tonto's Expanding Head Band a listen - can you recommend?

Administrator
Administrator
Garry

Hi-Jack is a the point I started from. Late '74.
As for Tonto, I have a compilation of tunes. Email me if you have difficulty finding stuff and I'll sort a copy

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Garry

Hi-Jack is a the point I started from. Late '74.
As for Tonto, I have a compilation of tunes. Email me if you have difficulty finding stuff and I'll sort a copy
Many thanks Martin - if I run into difficulty I'll let you know.

Outside of Can, Neu! and Kraftwerk my Krautrock is sketchy - wasn't there an Amon Duul II and didn't the first one have something to do with RAF/Baader Meinhof*? Either way, that period created some really interesting music!

(* - and we're back to The Cabs again!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
damn that group were good - wished they'd come back!
well ... u can always venture into the almost endless flow of releases by ex-cab richard h. kirk & get lost in his mostly quite "dubby" soundscapes then ! ;-)

On my into work this morning, I've been experimenting and listening with Radio 1's morning output.

frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
wasn't there an Amon Duul II and didn't the first one have something to do with RAF/Baader Meinhof*?
fyi : amon düül II's classic album "phallus dei" was jus' re-released last year with some previously unavailable bonus trax : http://www.discogs.com/release/792244

btw : a certain uschi obermaier was also part of the original "community 1 band" line-up of amon düül in 1969 ! ;-)

Thank you chaps for reminding me how brilliant Cabaret Voltaire were / are .. now listening to Original Sound of Sheffield (the first one)..

(thinks: might just risk a back - to - back with 'The Golden Hour of the Future')

Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
Quote:
[b] wasn't there an Amon Duul II and didn't the first one have something to do with RAF/Baader Meinhof*?
fyi : amon düül II's classic album "phallus dei" was jus' re-released last year with some previously unavailable bonus trax : http://www.discogs.com/release/792244

btw : a certain uschi obermaier was also part of the original "community 1 band" line-up of amon düül in 1969 ! ;-) [/b]
Cheers Olaf! Will check that out smile

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Thank you chaps for reminding me how brilliant Cabaret Voltaire were / are .. now listening to Original Sound of Sheffield (the first one)..

(thinks: might just risk a back - to - back with 'The Golden Hour of the Future')
Aah, Golden Hour of the Future is a great record!!

"There are no guitars... or drums!!"

Page 96 of 753 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.