Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 90 of 753 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 752 753
Finished the day with a CDr of Savage Garden singles etc. eek I went to see them (by accident)last year, on the same tour that Alex went to. They are / were better than most people thought.

Administrator
Administrator
Band of Holy Joy, anyone?

And I've recently rediscovered "A Fierce Pancake" by Stump.
Made me smile, so fond are the memories.
Otherwise its been the usual diet of material that I've posted here before.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
‘Unhalfbricking’ by Fairport Convention.

If you’d of told me five years ago that’d I’d be buying a folk album, I would of waved a copy of ‘The Man Machine’ at you with one hand whilst issuing a one-fingered salute with the other. I quietly regarded Folk-Music as ‘Hey-nonny-nonny’ stuff, y’know - grown men dancing round campfires in big jumpers…just like the end of the ‘Lament’ video in fact. However, that was before I read ‘White Bicycles’ by Joe Boyd; the memoirs of the producer behind Nick Drake, Vashti Bunyan ,very early Pink Floyd and the lot I’m listening to now – Fairport Convention.

The album’s a hybrid of Folk, 60s rock, Dylan and well…I swear I can hear drone in there as well (I like done!) in the 11 minute epic ‘A Sailor’s Life’ - the traditional folk song is carved hollow by the band and filled with new ballast. Always a good sign when the CD finishes and you press play straight away again.

I’m off to get some chunky knitwear.

Shifting City!

OMD - 'The Peel Sessions' (great 'page 1 synth playing' as it used to be called)

Administrator
Administrator
I'm writing this evening.

From Brussels With Love is the perfect accompaniment.

I've mixed this up with a selection of early 'synth' tracks from Tonto's Expanding Head Band, and downstairs for making toast I have "Movin' with Nancy Sinatra".

That's how tangled up my head is this week... cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I've been 'Metamatic-ed' today!

Also heard a New Order compilation.

Sarah laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Also heard a New Order compilation.
Sarah laugh
[Ooooh . .which one? or was it home-made?]

Me? Heaven 17 Luxury Gap last night and Penthouse & Pavement this morn. Getting psyched up for Before After which a mate just sent me.

Administrator
Administrator
Burning Car

The same song, different live versions.
Just for fun. :rolleyes:

The Golden Section (Cassette Edition)

smile

Page 90 of 753 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.