Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 88 of 753 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 752 753
Administrator
Administrator
Isn't this band also something vaguely to do with Stevie Shears for a while, pre-Faith Global?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Today, it's the new Prince album 'Planet Earth' - and very good it is too.

smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now playing : mi-sex - "computer games" ( fyi : http://www.discogs.com/release/188791 )

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
Birdsong: Isn't this band also something vaguely to do with Stevie Shears for a while, pre-Faith Global?
Not exactly. He shared guitar duties with John McGeoch on Ken Lockie's solo album The Impossible from 1981.

Chris C wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b]China Crisis´ B-sides. Brilliant track and a brilliant band of course!

Chris C laugh [/b]
Chris:
know anything about that latest China Crisis release 'Singing the Praises of Finer Things' .. is it live, a compilation or what?

Sorry chaps if slightly off topic but I have been listening to Flaut the Imperfection , excellent summer album.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi there

Not heard of China Crisis' latest release. Their best moments are around their first 2 albums. Mind you Flaunt The Imperfection is a solid album.

Well, came out of the Blitz this weekend listening to collections from Ronny, Shock and Visage. Great times!

Rusty often used to play Wunderbar by Wolfgang Reichmann in those days. The title track is a must-have instrumental. Well, the whole album is instrumental. One of those pioneering albums from 1978. Very Jarre, based around an ARP 2600, an ARP Odyssey and an ARP sequencer. Not entirely electronic as there is a presence, although minor, of guitar and drums!

Finally listened today to the Korg 700S driven Music For Parties by Silicon Teens. Rock 'n' Roll on synths!

Chris C wink

The Prince album is the biggest load of shite ive ever heard, No wonder it was a freebie . Thats thr power of television,

Today it's the Les Disques Du Crepuscule compilation 'From Brussels With Love'; the demo version of Dolby's 'Airwaves' is waaaay better than the 'Wireless' edition.

And god I miss arty, pretentious, psuedo musings! Where is Richard Jobson when you need him!?

laugh

Welcome back beach and ooooooo I'm immed. green wiv envy : been after that recording for yonks.
bit old but I found this:
http://blog.thomasdolby.com/?p=228

Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Welcome back beach and ooooooo I'm immed. green wiv envy : been after that recording for yonks.
bit old but I found this:
http://blog.thomasdolby.com/?p=228
Hi D,

Only 1000 copies of the original cassette were pressed in 1980; I've never even seen an original! I'm listening to the remastered CD issue that came out earlier this year;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brussels-Love-Va...7481171-0562324

It's missing one track (A CERTAIN RATIO - Felch) due to the time contraint of CD, but that doesn't detract at all from listening to it.

Cheers for the Dolby info! I've always wanted a DR55 but they go for silly prices on EBay!

Page 88 of 753 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.