Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
mongrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Have just finished reading Kingdom Come by Ballard (HarperPerennial) and was childishly thrilled to see John Foxx named and quoted in the extras at the back of the novel.

A nice confluence moment as I was travelling through London and plugged into Metamatic at the time.

mongrel

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by mongrel:
Have just finished reading Kingdom Come by Ballard (HarperPerennial) and was childishly thrilled to see John Foxx named and quoted in the extras at the back of the novel.

A nice confluence moment as I was travelling through London and plugged into Metamatic at the time.

mongrel
Ultra cool

Fnatastic combination Mongs ... had a bit of chinwag about this a while back ..
http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000143#000000

...how was Kingdom Come for you?

mongrel Offline OP
OP Offline
I loved it, despite some typical Ballard loose ends. I like the idea of consumers in St George shirts worshiping electrical goods as quasi-religious icons - but suspect that in reality the situation would have sparked some serious looting.

As often with Ballard it's essential to suspend one's disbelief and revel instead in the fantasy.

And shades of the New Orleans stadium episode in there too - made my neck prickle deliciously.

Very nice read altogether

mongrel

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.