Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 87 of 753 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 752 753
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just listening to The Golden Age of Wireless by Thomas Dolby . A third version of it! A very kind New Zealander made me a copy with bonus tracks. Like it more than the UK and US versions which I also have. If the remaster comes out I´ll have a 4th version. Sounds wacky but don´t we love classic synth albums!

Revisted by Cowboys International. Headed by ex Simple Minds producer Ken Lockie and included some big names like Terry Chimes, Keith Levene and Paul Simon, Robin´s brother! It´s an expanded reissue of The Original Sin, which was one of those pioneering synth albums from 1979. Love the track Thrash . The simplest and conniest of tracks often sound the best. Sometimes in songwriting it´s best to keep it simple and obvious.

Visage´s B-Sides & Rare. One of the best synth supergroups!

Duet Emmo´s Or So It Seems. As the title suggests about their music!! Very experimental built on gentle industrial sound. The title track stands out from the rest and the only track I remember from it! Duet Emmo was a one album project by Daniel Miller with 2 of the guys from Wire, Lewis and BC Gilbert.

Talking about Daniel Miller, it´s taken me a while to go through the 10 disc compilation of the Mute Singles 1978 to 1984. The highlights The Normal, Silicon Teens, Robert Rental, Fad Gadget, Depeche Mode, Yazoo, The Assembly, I Start Counting, DAF and Robert Gorl. The most hilarious track I´ve heard in years must be Die Doraus und Die Marinas´ Fred Vom Jupiter. Outrageous!! laugh

Chris C wink

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Finally went round in going through Depeche Mode´s 3CDs of Remixes 81-84.

Yep I´m quite pleased with the set. The best one in my opinion is Photographic by Rex The Dog. Just love that track anyway.

Chris C wink

Making mixed CDs for a wedding and there it was Peggy Lees version of Fever. What a great song,a true classic.

Swim in style

Bosse

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Fittingly enough Bosse half an hour ago I was listening to

...A Golden Handshake For Every Daughter and a piece of the wedding cake....

This one´s from a private collection made from China Crisis´ B-sides. Brilliant track and a brilliant band of course!

Chris C laugh

Mike Oldfield Amarok

LOVE THE COWBOYS. Today Today, Here comes a saturday

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi RobTim

Not a lot of people have come across Cowboys International but it surely is one to have in one´s collection. Ken Lockie is in fine form and some of the songs are full of nostalgia. It´s synths integrated with guitars with Terry Chimes' ex Clash drive behind the drumkit. Actually they do sound like early Simple Minds. Ken produced SM's first 3 albums.

Also listened to The Impossible ie Ken´s solo effort. Not as punchy as The Original Sin.

Next stop The Blitz club....

Chris C wink

M
M
Jon Hassell/Brian Eno: Fourth World Possible Musics
David Sylvian: Dead Bees On A Cake

Hello Chris

Pleasure to meet a fellow Cowboy Fan.Dont you think Ken has a great voice?Do you know what hes doing now.
Regards Rob.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi RobTim

More of a John Foxx/Ultravox fan. The Original Sin was one of those classic albums from 1979 including those from Thomas Leer, The Human League, Gary Numan, Simple Minds, Magazine to a name a few. Pity they only lasted an album and a clutch of singles.

He does have a great voice and blends well with the electronica. His influence is on Jim Kerr.

He´s now recording under Cowboys International and has released recently some new material The Backwards Life Of Romeo. You can find his website at:

http://www.cowboysinternational.com/

Although it could be more informative.

Chris C wink

Page 87 of 753 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.