Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I'm duplicating my post on Torque Point, but a google search brought up another online interview, this time regarding John's collaboration with poet Anne Clark on the "Pressure Points" album back in the 1980s. There's also a tantalising reference at the end to more new releases in the new year....

http://www.side-line.com/ac_interviews_comments.php?id=19692_0_25_0_C

C
C
Cheers Herbert.

Thatīs more info on the Anne Clark project. I wonder what personal problems John had in 1986. Remember he sold The Garden Studio in 1987. Women ??? :rolleyes:

Interesting to find Johnīs committed to his 2007 projects. Very tasty!

Chris C wink

Thanks a lot Herbert!
A very interesting interview.
I like Pressure Points - listen to it from time to time...

Administrator
Administrator
I spoke to Robin Guthrie about his work with John after the performance of "Lumiere" live in the autumn.
He suggested the album would be finished 'in the New Year' and speculated on a release 'not before Easter'.
So it seems John is committed to this project, and it's very much something to look forward to reasonably soon

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I bought the 12" vinyl of "Heaven" from Anne Clark on e-bay last year.
On the sleeve you can read it is produced by John too ( like "Pressure Points").
It is the extended version which is very different to the album version. Do anyone know if John had played synth on this version too - as he did on the album version?

BTW - Not a bad version... wink

Just ordered pressure points. Sounds like a good album. Looking forward to hearing it.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.