Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 753 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 752 753
M
M
Travelogue remaster is excellent, Garry. Some people rate Reproduction higher than Travelogue, but I think Travelogue is a masterpiece.

My favourite double pack E.P. if all time is Holiday 80, which just pips John's No-One Driving dp/ep. Played it to death for ages when I bought it. The cover is brilliant also.

Been listening to, these on my Nanopod:

Siouxsie & The Banshees: Kaleidoscope
Dead Can Dance: Dead Can Dance
Aphex Twin: On ep.1
Miss Kittin: Requiem For A Hit/ Happy Violentine/The Masterplan/Neukoln/I Come.Com
Arcade Fire: Neon Bible

The track I Come.Com is jaw-droppingly out of this world astonishing brilliance!!

Arcade Fire: If you like Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, you may like this band. The singer sounds a lot like Ian Mcculloch from Echo & The Bunnymen & that's a good thing. This is a really strong album with great instrumentation. The mastering is really good on this. In a way that it doesn't sound loud, crisp & digitally clean. There's also a bit of a Tom Waits influence in there, too.

David Bowie has praised Arcade Fire, so he still has good taste in music. smile

'And futuristic sounds warbled off and oooo.on'

Agree: Travelogue remaster is excellent. Don't have the Sons & Fascination remaster tho..what's on it?

D, Illektrik –

Cheers for the advice on the ‘Travelogue’ re-master. ‘Sons & Fascination / Sister Feelings Call’ re-issue;

1. In Trance As Mission
2. Sweat In Bullet
3. Seventy Cities As Love Brings The Fall
4. Boys From Brazil
5. Love Song
6. This Earth That You Walk Upon
7. Sons And Fascination
8. Seeing Out The Angel
9. Theme For Great Cities
10. American
11. Twentieth Century Promised Land
12. Wonderful In Young Life
13. League Of Nations
14. Careful In Career
15. Sound In Seventy Cities

Siouxsie & The Banshees – I love that band – ‘Juju’ is my fave. Looking forward to re-issues of ‘Nocturne’ and ‘A Kiss In The Dreamhouse’ if/when they get round to releasing them.

I’ve not anything by Arcade Fire, I can recommend Klaxxons though – superb album. Haven’t heard Miss Kittin for ages!

Thanks Beach - seems similar to mine (non-remastered) off memory. The American... you can't get much better than that.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Thanks Beach - seems similar to mine (non-remastered) off memory. The American... you can't get much better than that.
No you can't! Charlies wah-wah guitar solo near the end is better than eating ice cream!!

The drum rhythms are incredible, the keyboards sublime & the bass! THE BASS!! YUM!!!

What a unique vocalist Jim Kerr is, too. Love the way he wraps the words around each track. Is he a baritone?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Billy Mackenzie RIP was truly a maverick and his songs and voice still remain fresh in our ears and hearts.

God Bless you Billy!

Chris C
Nice One Chris,I'm a huge fan of Billy's work,btw,you've got mail wink smile
Cheers
Will

Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
[b] It's the Paul Humpries (OMD) / Claudia Brucken (Propaganda) thing.
it's somehow still funny , how people can write paul's surname wrong ( not even mentioning claudia's surname ;-) ! *hehehe*

so fyi : the guy is called HUMPHREYS & the lady BRÜCKEN ! ;-)

cheers ! :-)

p. s. : i better NOT tell u , what my real surname is & how it should be written correctly ! ;-) [/b]
OK. I admit it. I got HIS surname wrong.
But I'm English. (ish). We don't do umlauts. So it's Brucken.

Similarly, we don't do French punctuation much either. So it's a Cafe, OK?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@ paul a.k.a. nervejam : i was only amused about the way u wrote paul's surname - that's all , m8 ! :-)

Quote:
I got HIS surname wrong.
But I'm English. (ish). We don't do umlauts. So it's Brucken.
erm ... nope , not really ... as it has to be BRUECKEN to be correct ( & indeed very pedantic ;-) !

btw : my surname in german is JÜRß , but as it even contains 2 umlaute the international way to write it properly is JUERSS ! ;-)

i was once called in a hotel lobby in london years ago & the porter said "a phone call for mr. YOURB !" ... & i couldn't help myself & simply had to *lol* ! ;-)
since that time i always use the international way to write my name , when i'm not in a german speaking country ! :-)

Quote:
Similarly, we don't do French punctuation much either. So it's a Cafe, OK?
cafe is okay , but i prefer cappuccino ! *hehehe*

cheers , m8 ! :-)

Shall we all just agree that’s she’s damn gorgeous and leave it at that?

Humphreys isn’t gorgeous but his ‘dancing-whilst-looking-over-the-balcony-into-the-distance’ in the Souvenir video is absolutely hilarious! laugh

Speling alwais has and alwais will be a problem for Englishe speekers....can't even spel there own werds never mind forren ones.

Page 83 of 753 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.