Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#434 04/30/08 12:01 PM
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
John Foxx and Louis Gordon will be playing TWO shows in Takadanobaba Area in Tokyo, Japan on Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd of September. We'll have more details soon.

Rob

#435 04/30/08 12:11 PM
Crikey, John and Louis are getting about a bit this year! This is brilliant news - I'm sure their music will go down a storm over there.

#436 04/30/08 12:39 PM
John will go down well in Japan. He was always very popular there.

Unless I win the lottery I won't be going frown

Peter

#437 04/30/08 01:12 PM
What about the USA? frown

#438 04/30/08 01:19 PM
Bloody hell! eek What's going on!?

This quiet year he was supposed to be having has gone a bit 'radio rental'! Australia, now Tokyo! If he's not too busy, how about some warm up slots in the UK! laugh

I can see the back of the t-shirts now;

Australia/Tokyo/...Durham wink

#439 05/01/08 05:31 AM
"At this rate of travel they should easily accumulate enough frequent flyer miles to be able to afford a quick trip to the States by year-end," she thinks, typing with her fingers crossed and her breath bated . . .

Well, a gal can dream, can't she?

#440 05/08/08 06:04 AM
I asked a friend of mine where Takadanobaba was and he replied On the Yamanote loop line not far from Shinjuku. Waseda Uni is nearby so it's a kind of university town, full of students. Lots of good places to eat and drink too..

So that should pull a good sized crowd.

#441 05/24/08 01:20 AM
T
T
Anyone from Australia or elsewhere in John Foxx land thinking of going to the Japoan concerts.
The Sydney concert was so great, I am serioulsy thinking of going to the Japan concerts. I can go FF points at this early stage.

I think Atom Man is also thinking about it.

Any other takers to come over and enjoy some Japanese culture and Foxx live. BTW, The bars in Tokyo are something else.

#442 05/24/08 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by turntable:

I think Atom Man is also thinking about it.
Definitely considering it but I'll need to wait a few weeks before I'll know for certain.
Quote:

Any other takers to come over and enjoy some Japanese culture and Foxx live. BTW, The bars in Tokyo are something else.
My Japanese-speaking friend said he'd love to come with me. He won't go to the concert though. He's lived there for quite a few years so knows a few interesting places.

There's also a member here named Poyns (I believe) who's in Tokyo.

A group booking might get us a discount at the hotel (assuming we all stayed at the same place), but that would need to be organised.

Buying tickets online might be a problem if its all in Japanese.

#443 05/25/08 07:06 AM
I would love to see John again. It’s 2 weeks since I met him in Sydney - it was the greatest nite of my life & I think about it constantly.

But I don't have enough money to visit Japan & I don't speak Japanese, so I’d be a bit worried about getting around there. I like to be fully aware of my surroundings.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.