Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Johnnyh Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the update and competition Rob. The biggest interest to me though was the interview in computer music. A really great and in depth interview. John has a very good memory and the bit where he talks about recording 4 track and 8 track demos for Systems Of Romance intrigued me. I remember reading that after the early 78 tour , the band had a break and when the recording of Systems began, only John had brought any ideas with him. Would these have been the demos as mentioned? I would love these to be released as there has never been any JF Ultravox demos available even on bootleg. Go on Rob, ask John to give us a great Christmas gift by releasing these demos. If he still has them, wouldn't they be his property to release?

Totally agree,cracking in depth interview.

Thanks for including it in the update Rob,made my day.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyh:
Thanks for the update and competition Rob. The biggest interest to me though was the interview in computer music. A really great and in depth interview. John has a very good memory and the bit where he talks about recording 4 track and 8 track demos for Systems Of Romance intrigued me.
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Totally agree,cracking in depth interview.

Thanks for including it in the update Rob,made my day.
It is a great interview - and one which I thought was worth sending out to everyone on the Metamatic News E-Mailing list.

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyh:
I remember reading that after the early 78 tour , the band had a break and when the recording of Systems began, only John had brought any ideas with him. Would these have been the demos as mentioned? I would love these to be released as there has never been any JF Ultravox demos available even on bootleg. Go on Rob, ask John to give us a great Christmas gift by releasing these demos. If he still has them, wouldn't they be his property to release?
The perfect opportunity to have released material from that period of time would've been back in 2006 as part of the reissues of Ultravox!, Ha! Ha! Ha! and Systems of Romance.

And while there are plans to release 'something' this side of Christmas, I'm afraid that it won't be those demos...

Rob

Johnnyh Offline OP
OP Offline
Would that be Analogue live at the Roundhouse DVD? I hope so.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.