Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 80 of 753 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 752 753
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] Today it's fennesz + sakamoto – ‘cendre’

If you really loved ‘Drift Music / Translucence’ or ‘Ambient #2 / The Plateaux of Mirror’ then there’s a good chance you’ll love this too.

Excellent. I do, so I will have a listen.
Cheers Garry - this is what I love about this thread [/b]
Hi Martin,

Me too! Hope you like it - let me know what you think.

Garry

Today, it was Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence, Kon Kan: something or other, and JMJ: Revolutions (album)

Quote:
Originally posted by NerveJam:
Today, it was Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence, Kon Kan: something or other, and JMJ: Revolutions (album)
Kon Kan? Didn't they have a song in the charts in the late 80's, something about 'I beg your Pardon, I never promised you a Rose Garden'?

Or have I completely lost the plot??

I've been listenening to Modern Art today.

Sarah laugh

Scritti Politti 'Cupid & Psyche '85'

It has not dated well in places but 'The Word Girl' is still sublime.

Simple Minds: Cry & Eary Gold

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw
Kon Kan? Didn't they have a song in the charts in the late 80's, something about 'I beg your Pardon, I never promised you a Rose Garden'?
Or have I completely lost the plot??
That's the one!

P.S. I eventually found your cunningly-hidden "add to friends" button... (spectralresponse)

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Recently synth music of course:

Spectators special edition by Wolfsheim which contains some bonus live tracks.

Space aka Marouani & Romanelli. I had completely forgotten about this band, perhaps it stayed behind in the late 70s disco scene. Magic Synthetiseurs is a CD collection of the their 4 LPs and yes, it is cross between Jarre and Moroder. The tracks are very much of the era but Magic Fly is a must in anyone´s collection. Brings a smile to my face. Time surely flies by in a rather sweet way!

This morning I´m drifting away with Fra Lippo Lippi´s Light and Shade. Away goes the electronics and in comes some beautiful piano pieces.

Chris C wink

This month I have been mostly listening to....

The Notorious Byrd Brothers - The Byrds
I was reccomended this album a while back by a good friend of mine. I am very grateful to them because this album is a flippin masterpiece. Kick back and let this brief (only 29 minutes long) piece of heavenly music take you away.

Der Sheriff (Anti-Amerikanisches Lied) - D.A.F.
Intense and minimalistic, nuff said.

Party Mix - B52s
Is this a band that people are ashamed to like but secretly do? I stand proud and proclaim that I love 'Wild Planet' and the disasterous David Byrne produced Mesapotamia (don't know why these tracks were canned, I reckon it sounds brilliant!!) and their other 80s stuff (not 'loveshack' tho - I actually drove down the Atlanta highway and there really is a love shack, its a sex/drug parafinilia shop). So there!

1+2 - Recoil
I like this because I like Alan Wilder. I think he worked real hard in Depeche Mode and helped them forge a new darker sound which kept them from dissapearing into post 80's obscurity. This is his very first release which came out in 86 whilst they were finishing off Black Celebration.

Tago Mago(re-mastered) - CAN
Get your psychodelic jammin inner space head on.
Groundbreaking, influential and deeply unconventional.

Last but by no means least (here comes a shameless plug...) -
The fabulous LOUIS GORDON produced Toffeetronic debut ep - Loading Beats......Initialise Melody
A sweet trip into sugary synth goo!

Don't quite know why but I've had 'Blurred Girl' in my head all day ...can't even remember the last time I listened to it properly but I will do tonight. JF is trying to tell me something.

Today I'm playing a variety of songs/albums by DEPECHE MODE

Page 80 of 753 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.