Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 711 of 753 1 2 709 710 711 712 713 752 753
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity

Originally Posted By: MemberD
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity

Snap!

Yowza!

I think it's my fave KW album at the end of the day..there's a lot of variety of sounds on it, even though it's a kind of overall sound/concept.
(That phrase probably makes no sense whatosever but I know what I mean).

I still find Stimme der Energie a bit scarey.

Yowza!

I think it's my fave KW album at the end of the day..there's a lot of variety of sounds on it, even though it's a kind of overall sound/concept.
(That phrase probably makes no sense whatosever but I know what I mean).

I still find Stimme der Energie a bit scarey.

I think that sums it up nicely.

You mention Stimme der Energie - shockingly, I only have Computer World in the original German (Computerwelt) - I've never heard Radio-Aktivität or any other Kraftwerk German albums (if that makes sense).

I always thought Radioactivity (album) is the one and only bi-lingual KW album.

Even more creepy ... !

I always thought Radioactivity (album) is the one and only bi-lingual KW album.

Even more creepy ... !

From that bastion of truth, Wikipedia;

“All of Kraftwerk's albums from Radio-Activity onwards have been released in separate versions: one with German vocals for sale in Germany, Switzerland and Austria and one with English vocals for the rest of the world, with occasional variations in other languages when conceptually appropriate...”

“…Electric Café, in versions sung in English and German, as well as a limited "Edicion Española" release, featuring versions of the songs "Techno Pop" and "Sex Object" that had only Spanish lyrics.”

Note 1: In Spain the album was released in two versions. One was the regular English/International edition, and the other a local Edicion Española version, appearing early in 1987, with Spanish-language lyrics for both "Techno Pop" and "Sex Object" (often mistakenly titled "Objeto Sexual" by discographers). The Spanish-only vinyl album was withdrawn soon afterward because of a manufacturing error—a several-second complete drop-out of sound during the final track—and has never been reissued on CD. Both versions were also available as a cassette.
Note 2: The song "Sex Object" is absent from the South Korean pressings of the album.

Last edited by RadioBeach; 02/06/12 01:20 PM. Reason: more mad stuff on Electric Cafe

The Walker Brothers; After The Lights Go Out - The Best of 1965-1967

Kraftwerk - Trans Europa Express (Deutsche Version)

cool

Kraftwerk - Electric Cafe

Page 711 of 753 1 2 709 710 711 712 713 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.