Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Well what d'ya reckon ? A chance top let your imagination run riot Here's some to start you

GEORGE OSBORNE (Chandellor of the Exchequer) DON'T BORE US , GET TO THER CHORUS ROXETTE

DAVID MOYES (Everton Manager) DIAMOND LIFE SADE'

CAROL VORDERMAN (ex Countdown Presenter) SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR MARILLION

JEREMY PAXMAN YO!THE BUM RUSH PUBLIC ENEMY

MARK CAVENDISH IS THIS IT THE STROKES

ANGELA MERKEL TAGO MAGO CAN

JOHN HUMPHREYS BE GOOD TO YOURSELF AT LEAST ONCE A DAY MAN

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 01/12/12 06:38 PM.
Margaret Thatcher; Power, Corruption & Lies

Ken Livingstone; Forever Changes

Bernard Hogan-Howe (Met Police Commissioner); There's A Riot Goin' On

David Cameron; The Queen is Dead

(pssst - two of these are real!)

C
C
really Ivan smile there's not enough hours in the day, I've barely started finished yet with the hod-carrying tribute music threads and now the red carpets been thrown down for all the Z-Listers to parade about upon!

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
Well what d'ya reckon ? A chance top let your imagination run riot Here's some to start you

GEORGE OSBORNE (Chandellor of the Exchequer) DON'T BORE US , GET TO THER CHORUS ROXETTE

DAVID MOYES (Everton Manager) DIAMOND LIFE SADE'

CAROL VORDERMAN (ex Countdown Presenter) SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR MARILLION

JEREMY PAXMAN YO!THE BUM RUSH PUBLIC ENEMY

MARK CAVENDISH IS THIS IT THE STROKES

ANGELA MERKEL TAGO MAGO CAN

JOHN HUMPHREYS BE GOOD TO YOURSELF AT LEAST ONCE A DAY MAN

For John Humphreys ex-BBC TV News reader, I'd suggest San Francisco band Huey Lewis and the News: Fore!
Its the one with the song on it called Its Hip To Be Square. Rock-On! Mr Humphreys...

For cyclist Mark Cavendish there's a film soundtrack, Burt Bacharach: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, really just because of that 'bicycle love scene' in the film.

For Jeremy Paxman hard hitting journalist TV interviewer who makes the Politicians wince, I'd offer Hawkwind: Bring Me The Head Of Yuri Gagarin, (clever-clogs Jeremy though would dryly point out that Gagarin was not a great political Leader but just some guy to go into space).

For Carol Vorderman there's an obvious choice between Swedish band Europe: The Final Countdown, or Martin Fry and ABC: Alphabet City.

For David Moyes football manager I tried finding an album about the post-match joys of having your team score and win and the celebratory pleasures that happen after it for a fan, such as getting pissed with mates, getting home drunk, and ending the day by making jiggy with the missus. But as I know scant all about the most beautiful game in the world my brain suggested this fit, The Pogues: Rum, Sodomy, & the Lash

For Angela Merkel, fourth most powerful person in the world, sometimes called the Iron Frau, here's an album by a man whose masquerading as a woman was endlessly lampooned by the Spitting Image puppeteers, Margaret Thatcher: The Great Speeches. Hollywood actress Meryl Streep is quoted as saying "its music to my ears, and I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end"

And finally, and especially for the right honourable George 'one day soon when I quit my day-job I'm inheriting my family's entire multi-multi-milliony-wealthy-wealth dating back to 1629 so yah boo sucks hooray for me' Osbourne, I dedicate the EP by Shannon Curfman: Take It Like A Man, which I suggest George stick and enjoy having it in some dark place where the sun don't ever shine...

Good night, and God Bless.

I
OP Offline
I
[quote=core memory]really Ivan smile there's not enough hours in the day, I've barely started finished yet with the hod-carrying tribute music threads and now the red carpets been thrown down for all the Z-Listers to parade about upon!

Damn you Cores ! I spat my coffee out all over the screen reading your reply ! Sterling work !

Clever indeed , Mine was just based on age , background and improbability Re your fellow Glaswegian Moysey , he's is dour as they comeand as a long suffering Evertonian I can tell you that a win for us is about as likely as Lena Zavaroni collaborating with Al Jurgeson of Ministery , so I reckon an alternative to Sade' would be "20 MISERABLE SONGS FROM A MISERABLE GIT THE ULTIMATE LEONARD COHEN COLLECTION " Mr HUMPHREYS is a S Wales valleys boy pushing 60 hence my choice of his fellow regionalistas and Zeitgenossen with their paean to onanism He might have EQUALLY CURSED AND BLESSED in his collection as he once copped off at a disco in Methyr Tydfil with Cerys of Catatonia's Auntie Rhiannon ! Paxman as a space cadet WOW more DO RE MI FA SOL I would imagine tho . How come the spliffs make him so aggressive ?
Anyway ma wee Caledonian pal I'll throw down the gauntlet with some demi- celebs from North of the border ALLIE McCOIST , ARTHUR MONTFORD (Golf commentator ?)IAN MCCASKELL and KIRSTY WARK What sonic joys are to be found lurking in their respective record collections you reckon ?
Re football anything but beautiful, plug ugly infact but it's cheaper to persevere than to pay excruciating amounts to a shrink to discover why you do it !

I
OP Offline
I
Kinell Gazza don't ruin my day by telling me Cameron is a Morriseyhead !
An appropriate titled album for that self- centred vacuous arsehole would be
ME, MYSELF , I JOAN ARMATRADING
Livingstone being the other real one ?

Kinell Gazza don't ruin my day by telling me Cameron is a Morriseyhead !
An appropriate titled album for that self- centred vacuous arsehole would be
ME, MYSELF , I JOAN ARMATRADING
Livingstone being the other real one ?

Yep and yep!

Im all outta ideas after the building site thread but:

Speak & Spell - Michael Grove (or any Education minister of your choice)
Gentlemen Take Polaroids - Andy Warhol (do they have to be living celebs?)
Equinoxe - Patrick Moore
Big Thing - John Holmes (I'll get me coat....)

I
OP Offline
I
[quote=MemberD]Im all outta ideas after the building site thread but:

Speak & Spell - Michael Grove (or any Education minister of your choice)
Gentlemen Take Polaroids - Andy Warhol (do they have to be living celebs?)
Equinoxe - Patrick Moore
Big Thing - John Holmes (I'll get me coat....)
[/quote

One very close to home for you Membs

RATTUS NORCHAVICUS THE STRANGLERS JOHN TERRY

One very close to home for you Membs

RATTUS NORCHAVICUS THE STRANGLERS JOHN TERRY

Thought'd he'd prefer THE WHITE ALBUM ... (arf, arf)

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.