Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Well now, here's a thing:

News from The Stool Pigeon

"Yes indeed, 40 of your all-time favourite musicians and writers (incl. Mark E Smith, Anna Calvi, Gary Numan, Brian Eno, The Horrors, John Foxx) ... have got together to tell you a story in the Exquisite Corpse-style. It’s… potty."

http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/news-issue-35.html

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

You can now read the full text of this parlour game story here:

http://www.thestoolpigeon.co.uk/features/exquisite-corpse-trapped-in-this.html

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Cheers for the link Martin, I've picked up the paper Stool Pigeon only thrice before, in Liverpool and Glasgow, worth seeking out its a great read, and I found out this week that it can also be got from the local Forbidden Planet shop. Having dissected the corpse and focusing on the musicians whose work I've heard I thought that their written words seemed 'quite like them', maybe I'm stating the obvious but what did anyone else think? As soon as the opening line "swift transition of time and place" appeared it was so obviously our John, confirmed immediately of course by the words 'Trellick Tower' following on.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

Oh, I completely agree. Nothing new, and John writes in a very characteristic style.

It's a throw-away piece no doubt, but one for completists and, as I said at the top, nice to see that some things are as they were back in the day.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.