Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 701 of 753 1 2 699 700 701 702 703 752 753
Steve Jansen: Slope

Sublime minimalism.

"Plus from Us" - tracks by the musicians who played on Peter Gabriel's 1992 album, "Us".

I've known about this album for almost 20 years. This is the first time I've heard it.

C
C
Mommy Bush and Son: Snowflake, followed by Lake Tahoe. Peaceful late night bliss...

Administrator
Administrator
I'm not actually listening to this yet, but I soon will be

NEW album from Moon Wiring Club

http://www.blankworkshop.co.uk/page3.htm#GONK

I discovered MWC a year or two ago during Exotic Pylon's Weird Tales for Winter, and I haven't looked back since.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Originally Posted By: Scott
Originally Posted By: John Taylor
Originally Posted By: Scott
There's been a lot of good new releases recently & currently I'm listening to

John Foxx & The Maths - The Shape Of Things
Thomas Dolby - A Map Of The Floating City
Gary Numan - Dead Son Rising
Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
Marketa Irglova - Anar
Peter Gabriel - New Blood
Slow Electric - Slow Electric

Coldplay,one band I avoid - however the new album is meant to be very good. I'll have a listen on Spotify

I actually think it's there poorest album yet. Maybe change my mind after a few more plays.

Mylo Xyloto is easy listening, though I grimaced a little to realise Rhianna was on one of the tracks - its quite good. Right now I'm listening to Landscape From the tea rooms of Mars to the hell holes of Uranus.

Got to agree.Too much good stuff out in the last few months.

Currently listening to the newly remastered 2 disc Jerry Goldsmith Gremlins soundtrack .

A lovely blend of classical film score mixed with synths.

Mrs Deagle a wonderful case in point .
Sounds like a big phat Moog waltzing around the room.An Arp 2600 was also used elsewhere.

Horror/Comedy never sounded better.

There is also a Peter Gabriel track one disc 2 called Out Out co-produced with Nile Rogers.I don't think this has aged well at all.

Brian

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just finished listening to Cabaret Voltaire's back catalogue from '74 to '82. It's interesting music to those interested in sounds generated from cheap synths, drum machines, tapes and tape-loops. My pop sensitivity picked the following as favourites:

CABS1CD - Nag Nag Nag/Yashar/Yashar (remix)
CABS6CD - Living Legends .

Their singles happen to be their most memorable tunes and their albums are where all their experimental stuff is kept. The period thereafter, after moving to a bigger label, saw the release of four seminal albums The Crackdown, Micro-Phonies, The Sword, the Covenant and the Arm of the Lord and Code. These are getting the reissue treatment next year and it'll be great to catch up with these.

Last edited by Chris C; 11/27/11 03:28 PM.
Last few days it's been

Tenek - On The Wire
Little Boots - Hands
Xeno & Oaklander - Sentinelle

Regarding Xeno & Oaklander, I've also purchased Vigils plus Sets & Lights but they are both reserved as Christmas presents to myself so I'm going to have to show a bit of patience cry

Administrator
Administrator

It will be worth the wait.

Sets and Lights is especially good :-D

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I've just listened to previews of the Xeno & Oaklander album and thought it sounded awful! Each to their own I guess smile

Page 701 of 753 1 2 699 700 701 702 703 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.